1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions for Calvinists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

That's your job EW& F. If you don't desire the listener to misunderstand your author, put your findings of their remarks in your own words on a debate forum. I told you I cannot debate Whitefield or any other dead author. I am debating you. Show us why my comments concerning what you have posted so far is incorrect. You do the research and read Whitfield if you need to. You brought him into this, you get him justified if you think you can. You defend his comment.

Tell us EW&F. Was Whitfield correct in his comments as you posted them? Again, if he was not and one could 'only' understand him in a broader light, why would you so damage his credibility by posting a snippet that could not be understood in the limited fashion you posted??

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See I knew you couldn't read....much less comprehend. If your desirous of criticizing Whitefield, at least do your homework & read the sermon.

however you are not but prefer endless prooftexts....this is your history....just own up to it.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

If you want to post Whitefield on a debate forum, defend what you post or quit complaining.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

It goes with the territory bro, and it's meant to be demeaning. Non-cals are allowed such things here. They can call your salvation into question, that, and we see entire threads devoted to demean Calvinists which are posted obsessively with the same objective; to demean, one after another.

But that's OK. Let them bear fruit.

What I find interesting though is that moriah and HP, being uncultivated biblically, in said state declare their deficient false teaching and/or misunderstandings in the soterioligal realm boldly. They're proof-texters and we know the problem with this type of interpretation.

Anyhow, at the same time their views and interpretational methods are identical to that of other non-cals here on the BB, and the arminian(s) (?) yet these others cannot see how identical their positions are to one another.

- Peace

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

P4T, With your expertise you might be able to help out your friend in defending one of your fathers, Whitefield. Show us a sampling of your abilities in this debate. :wavey:

#45 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    complaining about what.... your laziness or your inability to understand orthodox bible based theology. Before we get into another convoluted discussion....please note I used a small case "o" as opposed to a large "O" to define this particular theology.....wouldn't want you making another comprehension misstep.:laugh:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my fathers?!? What, dont you consider Whitefield noteworthy in Christian theology.......I find your commentary rather revealing & sad

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

More of the same from you HP. I'd say it is correct to assume this is your fruit via demeaning comments which are works of the flesh.

I have one Father, God, as does my brother EWF.

Either read the sermon so you can debate it, or don't, but in the least quit pretending you've "won" OK?

That you're slandering Whitefield, well, again, more of the same. What a man of God he is.

Yes, is.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

I am simply asking any of you to debate the truth of Whitefield's remarks as EW&F posted them. None of you are even attempting to. If you cannot debate the truth of them, don't bring them to a debate forum until and unless you are prepared to defend them. :thumbs:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each and every time a Biblical Christian debates you, we defend Whitefield...so where have you been :laugh:

All this proves is your to lazy to read the mans commentary:tongue3: Or are you afraid something might rub off:laugh:

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

Precisely why I called him one of your fathers. Thanks for making the point for me EW&F. :thumbs:

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is correct....all my fathers are devoutly biblical Christian believers & men who love & serve God. If your making that a distinction then .......:laugh:

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The ball is in your court HP. EWF agrees with Whitefield. If you don't, then bring to the table what you disagree with and then there can be a debate.
    Do you want EWF to debate himself? :laugh:

Your serve. EWF is waiting.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

EW&F, at least you don't do what some do, and claim they have hammered everything out on their own anvil. Salute! I like that in a man!:thumbs:

I do not call you or your fathers heretics, nor do I classify you outside of the faith because of your beliefs. I will not say your ideas are demonic as some have done on this list to others. I will try my dead level best to treat your arguments fairly from both logic and Scripture. Come walk with me for a mile or so. Take the words of Whitefield if you so desire and put them into your own words, and let's discuss them together. I will be your friend in the end as long as we show respect to each other and not get into the habit of name calling and slander as some do. If you did not like to debate you would not be here. Give it a shot. What do you have to loose?:thumbsup:

#54 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  15. Heavenly Pilgrim

Amy, sorry. Our posts crossed. I did address the words of Whitefield in post #33 as I recall. Why not allow that post as a starting post for them to respond with substance as to why what I said was wrong with his remarks?

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

Better yet, why don't you as well, Amy, give it a shot? :thumbsup:

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not a Calvinist. :) And I read your post #33 but I don't really understand your objection. Maybe you can rephrase it for me.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Amy, agree or disagree with Whitfield's comments posted by EW and F?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

By the Way, Amy, it is OK to call you Deborah?:)

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well if you really want to. You can call me anything except late for supper. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.