1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions from the "nature" thread...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by robycop3, May 26, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle, I failed to answer your question you asked me in the "nature" thread before I closed out my posting there. You asked me, "What does the Bible say is truth?" I shall now answer. Since you're a "closet KJVO" despite your denials, I shall answer from the KJV.

1 Kings 17:24
    And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.

This is the 1st Scriptural statement that the WORD OF GOD is truth.

Psalm 31:5
    Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

Psalm 33:4
    For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

David believed that everything from, with, & about God was truth.

Malachi 2:6
    The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

Malachi said Jesus would speak only truth.

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

This is why I rail so much against the KJVO myth: IT AINT THE TRUTH!

John 5:33
    Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

What was/is that truth? That Jesus is the only Savior!

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus says He IS the truth!

There are many more scriptural references to truth, but these above touch all the bases.

In summary, the Bible says that God's words are truth, and that Jesus Christ is TRUTH HIMSELF!

And among the specific truths in Scripture, there's not the slightest allusion to the KJVO myth or any other Onlyism junk, any version.

Please post any other questions from that thread(or any pertinent NEW ones) here.

2. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------

In summary, the Bible says that God's words are truth, and that Jesus Christ is TRUTH HIMSELF!
    --------------------------------------------------

Thank you for answering my question.

2 Thessalonians 2

1. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2. That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
    3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6. And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    13. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
    14. Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    15. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
    16. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
    17. Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should see that by all the words of 2 Thess.2 that the strong delusion is to be sent to the AC's followers.

4. michelle

michelle New Member

As you should also be able to see "why" they are deceived and to which is true even today.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I do. The authors of today have the means to hawk their products to the masses, and that's just what has happened with the modern KJVO myth. Dr. Wilkinson's book didn't sell very well in the 1930s, but J.J.Ray's book made from Wilkinson's sold fairly well due to the power of modern advertising, especially from TV. And Dr. Fuller's publisher utilized radio, TV, and magazine ads to hawk his books. Then came the tsunami of later KJVO authors who had the full media capabilities of today to use to peddle their papers. I know you've seen full-page ads in magazines and TV spots for Riplinger's NABV, & Blind Guides before.

Wilkinson's book is advertised on several book-selling KJVO sites, and is now selling more than it ever did during his lifetime.

EBay offers a copy of the original printing for $49.95.

Here's a SDA site selling it:

http://www.lmn.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3371

Here's a Baptist site selling a whole plethora of propaganda:

http://bz.llano.net/baptist/bookorderform.htm

And here's a site representative of several others that wrap Riplinger's garbage in a pretty wrapping:

http://www.avpublications.com/3_catalogue/nabv/nabv.htm

Praise the Lord, that He causes many of us to actually seek the TRUTH about the material contained in these publications!

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle, I have several comments & questions from the "nature" thread we'd like to see you address.

First, you said I rejected the KJV. I await you and/or Ken's pasting any post of mine from any board where I say I reject the KJB. Your little spin yesterday does NOT cover your remark that I reject the KJV. I want to see the post(s) pasted here, or your admission that you were wrong, or we'll simply consider you a liar. (I don't expect too much from Ken, as he's looking for an excuse to opt out, as many a defeated KJVO does when he/she can't stand it any more.)

Next, your take on 2 Thessalonians 2 is quite wrong. Paul plainly refers to the Antichrist, and to 'take' that set of verses any other way is to ADD PRECEPTS to the actual meaning of these Scriptures, which is just as wrong as adding words, I.E. a "private interpretation" such as Peter speaks against.

Last, (for now) you've stated several times that you're NOT a KJVO, that this is just a label we use. Since we must assume you're a Christian Bible-reader, we must also assume that if you're not KJVO, then you must use at least one other BV besides the KJV. It takes no great erudition to know and state the name of whichever other version(s) you use besides the KJV. Your steadfast refusal to provide the simple answer to that simple question tells us that you're either a 'closet KJVO' who's ashamed of believing that myth but cannot make yourself admit it, or you're simply being dishonest. All your ideas parrot the KJVO line, so if you aren't really using another BV, then we must conclude that you're really a KJVO trying to lead us into a sideshow. Sorry, it won't work here; we've been fighting the KJVO myth too long to be taken in by distractions.

Try dealing with these issues TRUTHFULLY for once.

7. Ken4JC

Ken4JC New Member

Firstly I apologize for this intrusion into your special place, I hope only to make a small clarification in the who ran from what question, then I will go back to read only on this special place.

So the fact is that 26 May 2004 10:15am – my local you posted . . .

It would seem your last post was at 26 May 04 09:32am to the former then open topic.

I did reply to you with a question.
    The point is can you prove that the NIV sources are the word of God? And when you look at your multi version plethora including the KJV how do you decide what bit is the Word of God and what do you do when some TBN Twinkie flake says that the LB is so much closer to the heart of the WORD of GOD? How are you right and TBN wrong – or are you a Charismatic also?

</font>[/QUOTE]On 27 May 2004 06:49am – I posted a summary of the question and topic. Given the first question and conclusions that could be made from the replies given. Topic closed 27 MAY 04 09:18pm

I did not find any substance that made me run in terror from the ‘error of my KJVO’ position. In fact I thanked you all for further confirming my position as KJVO #4 and helping me to understand your position better. I have never lied to you; I have not run from you. In fact from this record in your special place you RAN from me and now are calling me a liar and a coward. I wonder if this is the regular kind of victory that you all enjoy?

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken4JC:Firstly I apologize for this intrusion into your special place, I hope only to make a small clarification in the who ran from what question, then I will go back to read only on this special place.

This is NOT a special place. You, or anyone else who's eligible to post on this board may post here far as I'm concerned. Please don't feel restricted except by the rules that we all must follow.

I shall now address your question. Being human & imperfect, I overlooked it, and perhaps some others. That's why I asked for any unanswered questions be re-posted here.

So the fact is that 26 May 2004 10:15am ? my local you posted . . .

quote:
    Originally posted by robycop3:
    Michelle, I failed to answer your question you asked me in the "nature" thread before I closed out my posting there.
    It would seem your last post was at 26 May 04 09:32am to the former then open topic.

I did reply to you with a question.

quote:
    posted by Ken4JC:
    26 May 2004 11:11 am

quote:
    Originally posted by robycop3:
    Can you provide one iota of proof that the NIV's sources are not the word of God?

The point is can you prove that the NIV sources are the word of God?

Quite easily. The NIV sources contain every doctrine found within the KJV's sources, the same doctrines believed by centuries of Christians.

And when you look at your multi version plethora including the KJV how do you decide what bit is the Word of God

When they follow their sources closely.

and what do you do when some TBN Twinkie flake says that the LB is so much closer to the heart of the WORD of GOD? How are you right and TBN wrong ? or are you a Charismatic also?

I check out his/her assertions, same as I've checked out those of the KJVOs.

quote:
    by Ken Rhoades
    So you have three clear simple choices that can be made by the believer.
    One - The KJB is the preserved Word of God and infallible and inerrant good for all maters of faith and practice.
    Two - The pope like scholarship of higher education is the correct chooser of true revelation at their inspired level of understanding and they are the preserved Logos of Illumination infallible and inerrant good for all maters of faith and practice.
    Three - God is the author of confusion and facing north could not find his south side in a snowstorm with out any gloves on. Therefore if it feels good do it!

On 27 May 2004 06:49am ? I posted a summary of the question and topic. Given the first question and conclusions that could be made from the replies given. Topic closed 27 MAY 04 09:18pm

I did not find any substance that made me run in terror from the ?error of my KJVO? position. In fact I thanked you all for further confirming my position as KJVO #4 and helping me to understand your position better. I have never lied to you; I have not run from you. In fact from this record in your special place you RAN from me and now are calling me a liar and a coward. I wonder if this is the regular kind of victory that you all enjoy?

Before I comment, I'll see what Mr. Rhoades has to say.