1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quick-and-Dirty Calvinism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Monergist, Jun 2, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here again we find the Rev 21 EVENT taking place AFTER the Lake of fire event is over and AFTER the NEW EARTH of Rev 21 has been created - only then IN REV 21 do we see WEEPING ENDED!

Isaiah 65 points to the SAME point in time for weeping ended!

How "instructive".

(Notice how the "details" are never the friend of the Calvinist argument? I have picked up on that as you may have noticed).

In Christ,

Bob

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    ISA 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
    Working out God's purposes. :cool:

john.

3. rc

rc New Member

But Bob that's the point we are talking about.
    In Heaven there will be no more weeping. Enough said. Your arument is over.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

ISA 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
    Working out God's purposes. :cool:

Yeah I'm sure it shocked someone too. [​IMG]

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

5. OCC

OCC Guest

don't know how my comment got mixed with yours there John but we're all smart enough to know what I said and what you said.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh you must be talking about the text in Rev 21 that comes AFTER the LAKE fire event and AFTER the old has passed away and AFTER the NEW earth is created!!

YES - THEN AND ONLY THEN will all tears be wiped away!

What an amazing thing "details"!

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So as all have agreed - God WEEPS over the lost and WE will be MORE like God in heaven than we are today!!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Luke 15:4 "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' 7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Psalms 147:1 Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 2 The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. 3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. 4 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. 5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. 6 The Lord lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground. 7 Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God, 8 Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. 9 He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens that cry. 10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy.

9. rc

rc New Member

having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?

So who goes after who? In this model the shepperd goes after the sheep and FINDS it. The shpeards ACCOMPLISHES his task. If God wants everyone to repent ... As a shepard ... would He not accomplish His task by finding EVERY lost sheep? Or is He not a perfect shepard? Hmmmm...

Also HE WILL save all of HIS sheep. Notice not EVERYBODY being saved? He's not seeking those are they?

John 10:26-27 26 but you do not believe because you are not part of my flock . 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them , and they follow me.

See that? ... I KNOW them...
    For those who God forKNEW...

Away from me ... I NEVER KNEW youl.... not MY SHEEP...

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed "ALL that was LOST" was the ONE and the shepherd GOES to save the ONE.

God "SENT His Son to BE the Savior of the WORLD" 1John 4:14.

Dying as the Atoning Sacrifice "FOR OUR SINS and not for OUR SINS only but for the SINS of the WHOLE WORLD"!!

A more obvious point you could not ask for - yet Calvinism will try to "not see it".

In Christ,

Bob