1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quilters

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 27, 2012.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Any quilters out there?

My mom used to quilt and my sister and cousin both are quilting.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, me!!!

I also am a keen embroiderer.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I don't quilt, but my mom and granny do. Or at least, my granny did before her eyesight got so that she can't anymore.

Do you have a favorite quilt pattern? It's so hard to pick a favorite, but I love Double Wedding Ring, Granny's Flower Garden (the one with the basket), and Dresden Plate.

I should really learn how. Maybe someday. :)

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have made a log cabin quilt that is in blues and browns....sounds murky but is not. I have about 7 triangles cut for a million mountain quilt which is in greens and purples with the odd flash of orange to give it a bit of zing.

Currently the Christmas quilt is on display, a wonderful crazy patch a dear friend gifted me!

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

The log cabin quilt sounds lovely! It's a beautiful pattern, and one that I have seen before, but I am not familiar with the million mountain pattern. I'll have to google it. :)

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I'm a quilter as well. I like bright colors and am currently collecting prints that have ice cream, candy and such for a "sweet treats" quilt. I even found a piece last weekend that had donuts on it! haven't decided on a pattern for it.

I also like to embroider and now that I have a 6 needle machine I'm hoping to combine the two. Might go play with some of that later today even. Love doing this stuff!

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I actually have quite a few quilts my mom made, the stars, dresden plate,classic 9 patch, state symbols (embroidered too), and on and on.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another quilter here. So far I've done a nine-patch and a crazy quilt and smaller quilted projects.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm not a quilter, but I do live in Paducah, Kentucky, better known as Quilt City, USA.

Every year, people come from all over the world to the American Quilters Society"s annual convention. During that week, the population of Paducah increases by about 25,000 people. The AQS holds shows in other cities, but this is where the headquarters is, and the Quilt Museum.

If you're a serious quilter, this is something you should check out for this Spring. Just type American Quilters Society into the search engine and you'll get all the information you need. Lodging is at a premium, so of you think you're interested, contact AQS quickly for help in making your plans.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have been through Peducah and was aware that they had the Quilt museum and I think the annual convention there. What do they do at the convention?

11. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it is actually called a Thousand Mountains....but it seems like more:laugh:

12. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Thank you! Maybe that's why google couldn't find it. :)