1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quiz: the first and the final college football polls

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Alcott, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems most college football fans take exception, to some degree, with the preseason polls. So even though the magazine publishers have already made their preseason polls available online— and the mags themselves are due out starting next week—this is a quiz, per se, as to how accurate you think the preseason polls are, considering last year’s AP, both preseason and final. This is not done as a poll because our lousy poll function does not allow for multiple questions, which means 6 questions would take 6 polls; and true/false does not cut it well in this.

So, by the AP's 2006 preseason poll and its 2006 final poll...

1) The number of teams in both the preseason top 25 and the final top 25 is: (15), (17), (19), or (21).

2)The 2 BCS conferences which finished with more top 25 teams
    than it began in the preseason poll with are: (ACC and Big East), (Pac 10 and SEC), (Big 10 and Pac 10), or (SEC and Big East).

3)The biggest drop in rank within the top 25 polls, from preseason to final, was by (Virginia Tech), (California), (Texas), or (Notre Dame).

4)The only team to be ranked in the same spot in the preseason poll and the final poll was: (LSU at #3), (Michigan at #9), (Georgia at #15), or (TCU at #22).

5)Which 3 of these 5 choices, along with where each finished, were not even ranked in the preseason poll?—(Boise St. at #5), (Wisconsin at #7), (California at #14), (Arkansas at #15), (Penn St. at #24).

6)Among the non-BCS schools, [the 6 BCS conferences plus Notre Dame], how many more finished 2006 in the top 25 than began 2006 top 25?—(1), (2), (3), (4).

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Actually, Lindy's has been out for about two or three weeks now. Athlon or some other one has been out for about a week now. It's getting earlier and earlier. I mean, I look forward to them, but at the same time, when you don't even know which kids make it past the clearinghouse and enroll for summer school, it makes it kind of tough. I wonder if the marketing wont bite them eventually. Maybe it's so early this year because of how early spring practice fell at most of the big-boys. But the schools and locals barely had out their spring recaps.

I look forward to the Sporting News edition. And FYI, the NFL season mags are out, too, by the same publishers.