1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quo Vadis, America ?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by pinoybaptist, Aug 17, 2006.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the Philippines I never voted. Because early on in life, my father was so involved in politics that I got exposed to the hypocrisies of politicians and saw that the "people" whom everybody was referring to, those faceless "masses", were by and large doormats to wipe their dirty little feet on as they entered the halls of congress, or the city halls, or even the Presidential palace.
    After all the baby kissing, the public "tears", the fiery rhetorics, the firm handshakes, and the hugs, and the waves, when politicians sat down on their first day of office, their thoughts are already on the next elections, and the strategies and the "issues", and in third world countries, the "money" they will make on the sides worth more than the money they spent to get into power.
    So I never voted. My father died because of politics. Shot in the back by fellow police officers in a struggle to take control of a juicy gambling joint run by my father as a reward to him by the then current city mayor for his political support for that mayor.
    I hated politics, and had just about enough respect for politicians as one would have for a turd eater.
    Then I came to the United States, and resolved that when the time came, I will cast my ballot, be a Republican or a Constitutionalist, because, this was the United States of America.
    In my country we were always taught that (1) America is a very Christian nation, (2) with honest men who are statesmen first, politicians second.
    But I was disappointed.
    The fact is that American statesmen are gone, just as Filipino statesmen were a thing of the past.
    We now have in this country only politicians, who use the same whipping boy, 'the people', as door mats in their bids for power.
    Consider the following article, and forgive the long introduction:

By Frosty Wooldridge

August 17, 2006 ​

#1 pinoybaptist, Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006