1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quote from Britney Spears

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Blackhawkk

Blackhawkk New Member

You know, I have to assume most people aren't Christians are on their way to hell. It's so easy to say you're a Christian and then live life as you please with no convictions or discernment. As I said before, only God knows people's hearts, we can only judge by people's actions (fruits). So when have strippers, gays, liars, fornicators, pro-abortionists all say they are Christians but yet defend what they do is right and not sin, all I can say is, "Yeah, right..." :rolleyes: .

We really do need lions to separate the Christians from the heathens.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

True. But even when we see bad fruit, we still are not permitted to judge a person's salvation. Who is worse? Britney Spears, or the person who holds up "God Hates Fags" signs? There's room in Heaven for both. If God can accept them with open arms, imagine how much more open God'a arms are for the righteous.

3. Blackhawkk

Blackhawkk New Member

True. But even when we see bad fruit, we still are not permitted to judge a person's salvation. Who is worse? Britney Spears, or the person who holds up "God Hates Fags" signs? There's room in Heaven for both. If God can accept them with open arms, imagine how much more open God'a arms are for the righteous. </font>[/QUOTE]Of course we can't judge a person's salvation. As the old saying goes we'll be surprised who's in heaven and who isn't.

But if there is some doctor performing abortions and then going ot the local Methodist church on Sundays, am I to think, "Well, he might be a Christian, it isn't my place to judge him." No, I SHOULD assume he isn't a Christian and let him know he needs Jesus. For what he does (abortions) reflects his world-view which is anti-Christian and he needs to hear the truth. The same with Spears. If she says she's a Christian and then dances and sings anti-Christian and seductive songs and practices an anti-Christian religion , then I SHOULD assume she isn't Christian and let her know she needs Jesus. For those that know her (like her family) and trully believe she's a Christian, then they need to rebuke her an seriously pray for her to come back to the fold. If she has turned her back on the Christian church and refuses the rebuke, then we are then to have nothing to do with her. Just pray for her.

The rest of us have no choice but to think folks like Spears or Simpson or Scott Stape (Sp? of Creed) aren't Christians because of their actions.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

If she once believed the mere facts of the Gospel (even if only for 1 minute), then she is absolutely saved and we have no right to judge her. Besides, it's emminently worse to be judgmental of others than to give them a false assurance when they are actually going to Hell.

Sarcasm off.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

We're not called to remember righteous Lot---Jesus rather calls us to remember Lot's wife----when one admires Britney Spears---one admires a Pillar of Salt!!! Thats what she is---a 21st Century Pillar of Salt!!

Good for nothing except to testify to passersby "This is what one becomes when no repentence is is made and no truth is received!!"

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'll give you Spears for the sake of argument, but Simpson and Stapp? Aside from the occaisional act of stupidity, I can't point to any body of fruit that supports with reason the idea that they're not saved.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Pillars of salt, Johnv!!! Remember that!!! Pillars of salt!!

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That doesn't answer my question. It evades it, in fact.

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I never said that she wasn't justified, I said that only God knows for sure whether or not she's justified.

If her public behavior is what she wants us to see, can you imagine what she's like in private?

We're all sinners but there's a difference between a momentary moral lapse and a lifestyle of deliberate and willful disobedience.

11. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Or let God's Word.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he
    that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3:10

I gotta go with Ron.