Quote Function

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Darrell C, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one or not, but one of the functions we don't have, to my knowledge, is a specific quote function when we are posting. I love the function that allows you to reply when highlighting part of posts, but, I have to create the code to parse posts.

Is that possible? To insert a quote function?

God bless.

2. Santha

Santha
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Yes - I just did - you can do this by selecting/highlighting it on browser.
    Multiple quotes can be added , as a bonus you can also quote things from other threads/posts now.
    You can hit reply, once all the quotes have been added.
    God bless you too!

3. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

In the prompts you have a few that "Insert" certain function tags, can you add an "Insert Quote tags?"

That way, when you hit reply, in the response page you can highlight a section and insert the quote tags of that particular section. I love the feature of highlighting and getting the reply function, but it would be a little more convenient if we could insert the quote code from the prompts in the response page.

And by the way, the "Thread to bash Catholics..." was a little humor meant to parody a number of threads which actually do that.

I do not think anything can be accomplished by bashing a particular faith, but rather, we must positively teach the truth first, then secondly address the errors of any particular faith. Just wanted to make that clear, lol.

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Began to think you meant the same function we have before replying was now in the response page. If that is a function added it isn't working for me.

If I am missing something, please let me know.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

I finally figured out what you added, Santha, which is a multi-quote function, which is pretty cool as well. This one is different from what I am used to, as it has an "Add Quote" in the response page/box.

Can you explain what you mean by...

...you can also quote things from other threads/posts now...

...if you don't mind? Not sure how this is done, or what you are speaking of.

God bless.