1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quotes on Missions & Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by John of Japan, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the book The Puritans by Dr.D.M. Lloyd-Jones he has a whole chapter devoted to John Bunyan.Actually the chapters are lectures from the years 1959-1978.This 19th chapter John Bunyan: Church Union was delivered in 78.

Dr.L-J says that JB "had three of his children baptized in infancy in the church at Elstow,one in 1650,one in 1654,and the third in 1672...Another interesting fact is that the two succesors to John Bunyan in the pastorate of the church in Bedford were paedo-baptists."(p.408)

But here is a Bunyan quote pertaining to the OP.

"In my preaching of the Word,I took special notice of this one thing,namely,that the Lord did lead me to begin where His Word begins with sinners;that is,to condemn all flesh,and to open and allege that the curse of God,by the Law,doth belong to and lay hold on all men as they come into the world,because of sin."

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Rippon. Amen!

"In America there is about one minister to every 500 people. In some eastern countries there is one minister to every 140,000 people."--Tom Freeney. This was said in 1976, but I have no doubt it is still true today in countries such as Mongolia, Tibet and others.

Who will go and leave personal comfort and accomplishment in the homeland for difficulty, scorn, heartbreak--and the great joy of seeing an lost soul in an unreached country trust Jesus Christ as Savior?

PS We had a great camp and the Lord gave grace.

#62 John of Japan, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

A couple of more good ones:

This reminds me of the countless unsung, unheard whom seek to serve Christ without any recognition. I think God´s greatest servants are often times the ones of which we never heard.

Simple, pointed, and true.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the good quotes, 4His_Glory.

Here's one more.

"The only fact that would hinder the harvest is the rebellion of the harvester."--Anonymous.