1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quotes on other websites

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Sep 3, 2006.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can someone explain how quotes from the BB get posted on other websites such as [SIZE=-1]www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/gospelblimp.htm[/SIZE]

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well apparently they spend their time going from board to board reading everything, it's called not having a life.
    I find that guys site to be one of the sickest I have ever seen.
    And why is it I no longer expect better from christians.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did not know they could post quotes without permission from BB.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I would guess that he didn't pull the quote from the BB per sec, but from a seach engine that searchs the BB.

If you go to Google and type in something that was discussed over here, you will generaly find it in Google, if it has been picked up. If you know how to search in Google then you can search for items in specific sites.

Try this:

Go to Google
    Type in this:

site:http://www.baptistboard.com mixed swimming

See what comes up.. Now I will explain.. The site:http://www.baptistboard.com tells Google where you want to search, and mixed swimming is your search item.

If a board is busy, or has search cut off for system resources, I use this method to do my searches. it's great. I hav a Jeep forum I visit often, and they don't have the search feature cut on because of system resources, so I use Google instead.

Going from one board to another to gain quotes seems like an awful lot of work.

Hope this explains it..

Jamie
    Be careful what we type...

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Jamie is right about google, I've searched for something before and gotten links to BB discussions.
    We post quotes here all the time, I assume, without premission.