1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a true word-for-word rendering of Acts 11:22 :"it was heard but the word into the ears of the church of the one that was in Jerusalem". Will you find that in any translation --of course not. The term word-for-word should mean just what it says --verbatim. Be honest RM.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like the REB a lot. It is beautiful literary English. I devoted a thread or two to the subject in the past.

However,it is not that literal. Most researches have found it a bit to the right of the NJB. It's in the mediating turf.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the NEB also had it rendered that "what God was/is the Word wa/is also", so don't see just that as denying Deity of Jesus, but the "IT" rendering would seem to very much do that!

The RV that I know is from 1881, which became 1901 Asv, so THAT version would be like the Kjv edited/corrected, but very tough to read!