1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Race-based" attack..."victim" recants; Al Sharpton helped prosecute

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Oct 22, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/race_attack_victim_lied_o4Fa3YxxfmGo3P3nHo9AQO

All of the "attackers," who were charged with "hate crimes," are in jail.

The victim has said she lied...she made the whole thing up.

Al "race pimp" Sharpton helped push this prosecution, including "hate crime" charges.

One buck gets you ten this woman won't get the punishment she deserves.

One buck gets you one hundred that Al Sharpton will pay no price.

One buck gets you a thousand he doesn't care if the imprisoned folks are guilty or not.

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Authorities being the police I have to assume... if it is, I'll have to side with them more often than not, they have an absolutely uncanny ability to tell when someone is lying and what the truth is.

I'd like to hear his reasoning on this. My knee-jerk reaction is that he's just saying this to keep from looking like he had the wool pulled over his eyes, but it's remotely possible he knows something, though I doubt it.

As for the men pleading guilty, I would REALLY like to find out what kind of pressure was put on them, especially given the fact that the Reverend Al Sharpton was on the case, it was national news and the whole issue of race was brought into it. My guess is that they were looking at some VERY serious jail time so worked out some type of plea bargain knowing they were being railroaded and they were looking for the easiest way out.

These false-rape charges really get me upset. I have experience in dealing with matters like these. The police have their hands tied when a woman (a more descriptive word is GIRL) cries rape simply because they don't want to get found out for something else. The police are bound by law to move forward with the investigation and then rumors start flying and the accused is left hanging for weeks on end. Fortunately all of the issues that I've been involved with have come out well for the accused... what really irks me though, is that there is absolutely NO punishment meted out for false accusations. What a pity.

I'm not saying that this woman is lying one way or the other. I have no way of knowing that, but I'll agree with the OP that there will be absolutely nothing happen to her or Sharpton if she is now telling the truth and those in prison were wrongfully imprisoned.