1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Races in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ktn4eg, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Will there be different races in heaven as there are here on earth (e.g., yellow, black, white, etc.)?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

There will be one race. The human one. :)

3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Good question. I dont "THINK" there will be different races in heaven, but I really dont know for sure. I would not think that our race is reflected in our spirit, but then again, how can I know?

What about denominations? My pastor back home used to tell me that when we get to heaven that we will have to hide from the Church of Christ saints, because they think they are the only ones up there.:saint:

John

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There won't even be male and female. Forget the races.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Revelation 5:9-10. But sin would not be present in our hearts to distort God's beauty of diversity.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lot of christoplatonism here. Whatever color you are now you will be in Heaven. Jesus didn't change gender or race after His resurrection.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I'm with you.

8. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

We will be recognizable, which would indicate that our primary features, though glorified, will remain similar to what they are now.

As far as race, the Bible is basically color blind. One really has to work to find references to race, and about the only things that even give us a hint are the nationalities listed for some folks, the Ethiopian Eunuch, for instance. Otherwise, we simply don't see that someone was a black man, a yellow man, a white man, or a red man. Bible just doesn't go there, but we sure seem to... God forgive us!

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I surely hope not, I don’t like to run here on earth.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Really?

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,[h] “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.

This is Christ in His glory.

Our glorified body:
    Phil 3:21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

We don't really know exactly what our glorified bodies will be like, but they won't be like they are now.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who let the dawgs out?

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. And I won't have a game leg any more-- so I understand-- and I intend to compete! Or will there be sadness there because there is only one winner? [there is somewhere an NT verse that says only one wins the race, check?]

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

1 Cor. 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

We will be changed, meaning we will be in a new body, fashioned like Jesus.

Psalm 17:14-15

14 From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

15. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

We will look just like we do now, only without whatever negatives we might have. (Amputaded arms, disfigurments, etc)

We Will be us, except perfect in any way. We will recognise our parents and grandparents, sons and daughters, old friends, etc etc. Yes, will be "glorified" but we will still be recognisable as being "US".

PRAISE GOD!

#15 Alive in Christ, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How do you know all that? How do you know we'll look just like we do now?

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

18. Alive in Christ

We have already experienced a complete transformation and re-birth when we were born again. We became a brand new person at that moment.

And God did not see fit to, for some strange reason, turn us into a completly different looking person

Why would He?

I am wondering, why do you and others not want to be "you" in heaven? We are all going to be glorified and perfect in every way, and more beautiful that we have ever been.

Thats unacceptable to you? You want to be another person, and not you?

I dont get it

19. Alive in Christ

A quick visit to the "got questions" christian website produced this...

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What is "unacceptable" to me is to try and make a case for what we will be like based on nothing more than opinion.

This bible doesn't tell us exactly what our bodies will be like. We can only go by what little scripture does tell us.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Albert Barnes Commentary:
    That it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body. Gr., "The body of his glory;" that is, the body which he has in his glorified state. What change the body of the Redeemer underwent when he ascended to heaven we are not informed; nor do we know what is the nature, size, appearance, or form of the body which he now has. It is certain that it is adapted to the glorious world where he dwells; that it has none of the infirmities to which it was liable when here; that it is not subject, as here, to pain or death; that it is not sustained in the same manner. The body of Christ in heaven is of the same nature as the bodies of the saints will be in the resurrection, and which the apostle calls "spiritual bodies," Cmt. on 1Co 15:44;) and it is doubtless accompanied with all the circumstances of splendour and glory which are appropriate to the Son of God.