1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Raiding Other Denomination Message Boards

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by saturneptune, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

I didn't see an "edit" option for the "Denomination" either. You might have to have a moderator or administrator edit that for you.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like you SaturnNeptune, I am startled to think anyone would bother. There are a number of Catholic forums where debate is as robust as here. It really is sad to see folk go up in flames.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not have a problem going on a RC board to honestly seek an answer to a question.

For example, I might ask: "Where does the Bible talk about purgatory"

I would not "debate" any answer, but simply want to understand their point of view. Does not mean I would agree.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think you can - I tried about 5 years ago when I switched from Baptist to Anglican but the system wouldn't let me hence I am still down as a Baptist.

As to the OP question, board wars are never a good idea.

As to the issue about the number of threads here on Catholic doctrine, a cursory glance reveals that most seem to be started by Baptists!

#24 Matt Black, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You always post in a kind and Christ-like manner and make no effort to mock or belittle. I'm sure you would be welcome at any of the Catholic boards I have visited. Even if you wanted to debate, the manner in which you do so on this board indicates to me that you would not offend people there.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Again, you may be one, but the RCC official doctrines/practices/teachings NOT those of a Christian church!

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HUGH difference is that calvinist and Arminians BOTh still agree on saved by grcae/faith alone, just differ on exactly how that process happens from perspective of what God does/man does, but the RCC teaches a different/false Gospel!

8. reformed_baptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Picking a pointless fight is always unwise and does nothing more then set that person in a bad light in the eyes of others - to my mind invading forums is counter productive :D

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have been here six years and have never seen Salty post anything but in a civil manner. Since I have never been to a Catholic board, I have no idea where they draw the line. Since of the four posting pro Catholic doctrine one got banned last night, it is obvious where the line is on this board.

My hunch about Catholic boards having less tolerance than ours is due to talking to devout Catholics where I have worked. Another hint is that Catholic leadership basically believes that anyone outside the RCC is headed for the Lake of Fire. Baptists are few and far between that believe that about all Catholics.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    May I bore you all with my story, for once?

I confess the Apostolicum, Athanasius' Apostolicum and the Reformation Confessions, the Three Formulae of Concord, the Heidelberg Catechism, the Netherlands' Confession and Canon of Dordrecht ... but I do not believe Sunday sacredness which is no article of faith in any of the above Documents of the Church or has been a doctrine with or for or of any Reformer.

Thus my regard or lack of regard for Holy Sunday would have had no repercussions with regard to my Church affiliation, have I not instead of Sunday, believed that "Since Jesus had given the People of God, God's Rest, there THEREFORE remained valid for them as their obligation, keeping of the Sabbath Day", Hebrews 4:8-10.

Thus I became an outcast and one man cult.

How is that ... not referring to brotherly love ... for you for Christian consistency and faithfulness to the Reformation principle of SOLA SCRIPTURA!

11. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, I have an affinity for Baptist as Baptist really do intend to follow scripture and I was one for many, many years. In fact, if I weren't Catholic, I would still be baptist with Calvinistic Leanings. I don't mind Baptist issues and would like to speak specifically about them but often times Catholic Questions come up and of course I like to answer them. As far as posting on Catholic boards even raiding those boards, I think you should as long as you're not using condemning language like: "all catholics are worshipers of the devil" or " the Pope is the Anti-Christ" or "the catholic church is the whore of babylon". I think you should ask the hard questions of Catholics with out being rude. I think you should bring up your view of Justification, or Salvation, or a multitude of other things. I would encourage you to do it. The reason for this is two fold. One, like iron sharpen iron you force the Catholic to question these things for themselves and study the subject. And two it makes Catholics consider their relationship with God and how it plays out in their lives and maybe you'll make a difference for them. Maybe they will educate you. Either way both groups of people will benefit if they provide reasoned debate and consider the eternal consequences for their respective beliefs. Also it forces people to know their scriptures which is one method of how God reveals himself to us.

12. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    FYI that isn't Catholic Doctrine. Catholics may believe you have a part of the truth but not the entire truth. In short have hetrodox beliefs or even heretical but that is not a judgement of your eternal salvation. Catholics believe that you may indeed be saved in the final judgement. Here let me quote from the Catachism so you have a better idea of what Catholics should believe.

#32 Thinkingstuff, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  13. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I think this is one of the best posts I have read.