1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ran into a power healed charismatic

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 18, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today I bumped into someone that attends some charismatic church influenced by the Joel Osteen message and she claims to have been radically healed of many physical diseases. We spoke a little about witnessing but to her she does not feel the need to push the gospel on anyone but only will witness if the Holy Spirit tells her to do so. She thinks the Holy Spirit has to tell her everything. I mentioned John 14:6 but she ignored it. I mean if Muslims and those of other religions are headed to Hell must we not be passionate to reach them? I mostly let her do the talking but challenged her thinking a little with questions.

She also said she reads Charles Stanley and there is a HUGE difference between him and Osteen. Stanley at least knows the gospel but Osteen misses it. She realized that a little but saw no need to condemn the Osteen message of prosperity and wealth.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops wrong category. Mods can you move this?thanks...

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Evan - What area would you like it moved to?

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    General discussion

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    General discussion