1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ran into a psychic with real power today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless I am mistaken most these days are not using Windows 8, but either Windows 10 or Windows 7.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fix most if not all of my Mac problems. Granted if I have a hardware failure then yes I need to visit the Apple Store.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Even my hubby will take it to the Apple Store. It's a chance for him to play with some new toys while someone else fixes things. :D Actually, most of the repairs we've had to do (I think we've had three repair dates in about 8 years) were under warranty so it wasn't worth him doing it himself.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If its a hardware failure I would have no choice.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently I didn't make myself clear. One Mac can't connect. We have several iPads that have no problem.

I will reiterate: your examples of networks are NOT the same as what we're running. When you can tell me that you know how to set up security profiles on your Walmart-special home router as opposed to an industry standard $10,000 Cisco; establish defense-in-depth firewalls, honeypots, and sandboxes; set up both white and black lists; distinguish between MAC (*not* an Apple thing) addressing and dynamic DNS; and that you know your security configurations are compliant for FERPA and HIPAA; and that your network and systems are ready for ransomware; and that you're comfortable taking care of 27 servers supporting 2,500 users -- then, and only then, may you tell me that my networks are set up wrong.

I'll wait patiently for you to address each of those topics, or an apology. Your choice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Brother, I would exhort you to not entertain yourself with these things. I believe it is akin to looking into and being fascinated with the occult. There was a time when people referred to these things as curiosities. There were times when I looked into this as well and the Lord convicted me about it as partaking in witchcraft. I don't believe people should entertain themselves with these things.

Nor is it good to rationalize that you are learning something by it. Everything you need to know is in Scripture.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only one Mac can't connect? That's a different story. What OS is it running? I thought it was all your Macs or most of your Macs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not watch them often just once in a blue moon. I do not even have TV these days it's just when I go to the gym to workout sometimes will they be on.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll accept that as your apology. And thanks for asking, but I'll leave it to the professionals.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I admit I am not a network administrator. However I bet I can find people on Macrumors that are and can help you. These are Mac professionals that is.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I checked out that site. Near as I can tell, they still haven't helped you with your Mac/Thunderbird issue; so I'll keep working with my industry reps. It's a setting either in the system, or with the particular user account, on that particular Mac.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Took a look around Macrumors. For devices that "just work" there sure is a lot of people that have problems with them. Evan seems to have a lot of issues based on the number of posts he's made at that site.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For thunderbird advice I got help from a Thunderbird specific Usenet group.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Application problems not made by Apple have nothing to do with Apple. Many of the problems I have fixed myself or fixed after I made a post.

But I stand that with my new Mac I have had zero hardware failures and few system issues. Yes I have had application issues but most of the time not with Apple apps.

#194 evangelist6589, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As ITL said -- I thought you mentioned that Apples "just work." Did you mean they "just work with Apple products"? Which leads back to something said several pages ago about Apple being proprietary....

This is my last post in this thread. I stand by my statement: Determine what you're going to use the tool for. Buy the right tool for the job. If two tools will do the same job, buy the one that's better for you. But if you buy a tool based on your personal preference, then don't recommend it to others as being the best tool for the job. You need to identify why it's the best tool for the job. "Cause I like it" or "cause I said so" is absolutely the wrong advice.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think I have an addiction....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Lord, save us from the multiple devices of the enemy. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.