1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ran into a psychic with real power today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No that door can only be opened from one side.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good idea. I believe the power to be real and am no skeptic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Devils are not omniscient.

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nvm. Snarky comment retracted.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan - ask yourself a question: why only that door?

Ask him to do it again. If he won't do it when requested, or only when he's ready or feels like it, ask yourself a question: why? If he truly has this power, then he always has it. If he has to prepare, then what exactly is he preparing?

Skepticism is not a bad thing. It keeps us from being led astray.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is Houdini when you need him.

"Spiritualists" were all the rage in his time, and he debunked them all. There was not a single item that they did that was not some trick to play upon the minds of those around them, and Houdini could expose them all. In fact, that was one of the neat things he is noted for.

Evan you have fallen for a parlor trick, and folks at work are laughing at your gullibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A conspiracy theory heh?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? I did not know our badges could be duplicated that far away from the door. What device would he be using if such a thing exists?

9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, just pointing out gullibility.

If someone threw their walking stick on the floor and it became a snake, one might think they had some magical gift, but if my snake ate the other snakes, then that would be a bit unusual.

Great fortunes were spent by both the USSR and the USA in attempting to enhance mental ability and harness the power of the psychic. The records indicate there was not a single success, especially when it came to moving or changing an object, or reading another person's thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really. RFID stands for "Radio Frequency IDentification." The chip in the badge is set to a radio frequency that identifies the badge to the door and the controller checks its access list to see of the person issued that badge/RFID is authorized to open that door. If so the controller unlocks the door and either opens it automatically or allows it to be opened manually.

Any radio frequency can be copied and duplicated. That is why such RFID systems are so outmoded and the new systems use bio-metrics to identify the person using the badge. They have to put their RFID badge near the reader, then they have to provide a thumb print or submit to a retina scan to make sure the authorized person is the one presenting the badge to the door sensor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know what happened or whether it was something spiritual or a practical joke. I have my suspicion, but I was not there. Having said that, I do think that there are things that happen that are caused by the demonic.

My opinion only. Making absolute judgements about Evan's experience without all of the facts is rushing it.

12. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Whether or not it was a parlor trick does not discount that the Bible clearly teaches that Satan has supernatural power so that his people can perform supernatural miracles similar to the miracles of Christ and his servants. One has already pointed out the miracle workers in the day of Moses who are given as examples of future things to come by Paul in 2 Timothy 3:8:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come....8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Jesus explicitly warned against such in the last days (Mt. 24:24-25). Paul explicitly warned against such (2 Thes. 2:9). Our own missionaries in South America and in Africa have provided eye witness reports of supernatural powers by occultists in those areas.

If you don't believe that Satan has such power, you just as well as deny God has such power because the very same book that teaches God has such power is the very same book that teaches Satan has such power - no doubt in limited fashion but still power.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Satan have control over inanimate objects? Can Satan influence mechanical devices (like a locked door)? Please give Biblical examples.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay okay I was wrong. He has I his person some sort of RFID device which allows him to open up doors. But mark my words Devils are real and they do have power.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I wasn't there, so I won't say with absolute certainty that it was a prank. But I spent a whole summer installing RFID security doors, and I can think of several ways to do this trick.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since he's a fork lift operator the company has probably provided him with a remote RFID device.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Satan have control over inanimate objects? Can Satan influence mechanical devices (like a locked door)? Please give Biblical examples.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan - you indicated in a previous post that he opened a door from different locations. Does that mean he opened the same door from different spots, or he opened different doors?

You indicated he was on a forklift; does that mean the door he opened was big enough for the forklift to drive through? Or was it a standard-sized door for just people? Same question for any other doors he might have opened.

Here's the deal: if the door is big enough for the forklift to fit through, then it's entirely possible that there's a vehicle RFID device on the forklift that can be activated by the push of a button.

You asked for an explanation of how someone can open a door from a forklift; I can think of several explanations. It's entirely possible that the electronic panels for the doors have a greater range than you realize; and they're able to be activated from a distance.

It's entirely possible that the individual has a remote access device, whether given to him, or one he cobbled together from parts you can easily get off of eBay, Amazon, or other websites (see TCassidy's post on page 3).

When it comes down to it, there are a half-dozen answers that can explain how this individual opened a door (or doors), without the requirement for a supernatural ability.

I'm not discounting the supernatural possibility; just identifying that it's highly unlikely.
    ----------------
    edited to add: And I see where kyredneck put forth the remote activation device before I did....
    ----------------
    edited to add: And now I see where Evan admitted he was wrong. Question is, how did you figure out you were wrong? Did the guy admit the parlor trick to you? Or are you going off of the information given here?

19. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Certainly no one here is denying the God given power Satan has.

That said I've not seen Satan open doors in Scripture, doing it via a fork lift driver. IOW this trick doesn't match up to his wiles in Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many believers overlook the fact that demons are as real as angels. The move in the realm of the supernatural, just like God, and though they lack the full compliment of of gifts God moves in, they still have power to deceive and manipulate humans. Eve was tricked, and Adam was sucked in to the game Satan caught Eve up in. If they can do this.back then, they can do that now. So, brother you made a great point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.