1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ran into a psychic with real power today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't read the whole thread.

Did you tell the guy to open and close other doors? Take him to the parking lot and ask him to open your car door the same way.

It sounds like you were taken snipe hunting.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do you remember the powers of Jannes and Jambre? They transformed water into blood. Water is not an animate object but an inanimate object.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they were able to manipulate organic material.

I'm looking for examples in the Bible where demons had the power to move inanimate objects, like what Evan6587 is describing with the security door.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It does not say they were "able to manipulate" organic material. Where do you get that idea from? There is nothing in the text that infers it was manipulation but the inference is demonic power being expressed. You really don't think Angels (Satan is an angel) can "move" objects? An angel can produce fire, a inanimate substance. move a rock (Mt. 28:2). Satan picked up the physical body of Christ and sat him on top of the temple. He did not do this by possessing Christ! Satan is attributed with sending the storm, collapsing of the house where Job's children sat. Angels control the elements in Revelation (storms, earthquakes, etc.). Satan's power is attributed to doing sign wonders and miracles just as the apostles and Christ. They certainly are able to appear as men and move things. God is spirit and yet he move objects. Satan is going to take an inanimate object and make it come alive. Repeatedly in Scripture demonic power is attributed to sorcerers, enchantments, charmers and wizards, witches as the source of their supernatural powers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A distinction without a difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the references. I think you are correct that demons can move inanimate objects. I simply could not recall any instances from scripture. The incident when Satan makes the statue of the antichrist speak is a strong example.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are welcome!

8. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I and my fellow counselors have seen this very thing on a number of occasions. But undoubtedly Pope revmitchell will tell you otherwise. You see he and Rolfe are the end-all of spiritual warfare and you must get their approval to have credibility on this board. Like the athiest who says, "If I didn't see it it doesn't exist. If I never experience it, it does not happen."

Can devils do supernatural things? Can they turn rods into snakes? Can they levitate people to the tops of high mountians (ahem! to view all the kingdoms of the world?) Can they bring forth offspring i.e., giants genetically? Can they bewitch an enitire population (Acts 8). Can they appear as monstrous locusts with the hair of women, and the stingers of scorpions? OF COURSE NOT:rolleyes:....just be sure and listen to the above mentioned critics: they will steer you right (cough, cough) every time, fella.

In the meantime, watch out for slamming doors.Eek

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awww look how he loves me. Can't post without me.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Lol, regardless, the hoodwink has thus far spawned a 4 page thread on demons and the power of the devil. :)

#70 kyredneck, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be a Smart Elic.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *laugh*

Anyone who thinks that my approval lends any type of credibility on this site has a larger problem than, well, credibility.

(And that must have grated on Revmitchell to be lumped together with me.)

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, I suspect that most on this site would not be willing to admit this. Shows a bit of character that you would. Good for you. Cheers.

16. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be true for you but what we saw was not faked. Not only have we seen doors thrown open but glasses bottles materialize before our eyes and smashed on the floor, butcher knives being thrown into stone walls at high velocity, candles light by themselves, and entire kitchen cabinets and doors thrown open dumping all the plates, glasses, and silverware out on the kitchen floor at the same time.

We found out first hand that what the Warrens said about their Amittyville case was real. I am not Roman Catholic like they were/are but I discovered that such things happen as we saw it personally in the four different houses we were called into help. But I thank God the Lord was with us and we had good results.

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan the only thing I can say about this post is he opened and closed doors and that is true... But the only door that should cause you any concern is the door to your mind... He opened and closed it at will and that is the only thing that mattered... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 3
  18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone's gotten all of us at one time or another. Military guys used to think it was a challenge to see just how badly they could get you. And yes, they got me.

19. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watch Ghost shows on TV as well. Once I called one of the hotels that was featured on Travel Channel and learned that the TV show did not fake or lie about the ghost encounters.

20. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Thanks for owning up to being tricked. That's huge. or as the Donald would say 'That's YUGE'!

Now, do you honestly thing the hotel you called was going to tell you it lied about the ghosts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.