1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rand Paul Denies Being Blasphemous, Dope Smoking, Kidnapping, Liberal Idol Worshipper

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FR7 Baptist, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I've felt from reading about him in the paper, he seems to be ready to blow up at anyone who diagrees with him.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

There is much out there on McCain.

I hope this isn't true on Rand Paul, but my brother in law in Ky. will not vote for him in the general election due to hearing about some things that happen in Waco, that should have stayed there and all the Texas money that came into him. He been up in the air about Rand from back in March.

2. targus

targus New Member

Different issue - different flaw.

Does getting upset with those who disagree with you disqualify one from public office?

Does drug use in college disqualify one from public office?

The current occupant in the White House would be evidence that the answer to both of those questions would be a "No" - in the eye of the voters anyway.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Lets look for a moment, you might disagree with me, but such is life. BHO has been a victim when it is to his advantage or a great over comer when it is to his advantage. I don't think his package has changed much over the years, just polished and sanded to make it shine.

I don't think McCain has changed much either, he has been the poor little rich kid ( special privilege child). He went out of his way to sink Bush after the election for a while. Read the reports of him and how he acts in DC, not much of a team player, his way or the highway.

4. targus

targus New Member

I hold no special affection for McCain. He has done a lot of harm to our country through the office that he holds.

I am just trying to understand how you got on McCain from the story about Rand Paul.

BTW - have you read yet that his accuser is backing off her story now?

She is saying that he did not force her to take drugs or smoke pot.

And that he forced her to do nothing against her will - that she did whatever she did of her own choosing.

Sort of takes the wind out of Paul3144's sails.

No doubt he was very excited when he came across the story.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

As I said before it was due to post by TomVol asking why McCain didn't push for BHO records or did they have some thing to hide. Many think his father had a lot to do with him graduating from the Navel Academy he was rather low 894 out of 899 I think. Most officers sons are looked at as being low if they are in the middle of the class.

No, but it does not surprise me. When you could be taken to court it helps you get your story straight. All I know is my brother in law can't stand him, will not back him. And he a life long republican and retired army Colonel, who has given me down the river for not backing any republican for president after Reagan and not backing our ex-republican governor for governor.

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

What are you talking about? I just posted it without comment.

7. targus

targus New Member

Just a gut feeling based on your liberal/Left leanings.

BTW - why bother to start a thread if you have no intention of participating in the discussion?

In the trade that's known as a "drive by".

8. FR7 Baptist

Yet more projection.

9. targus

targus New Member

What was your purpose in starting the thread that you then chose not to participate in?

You also seem to have a habit of finding articles that are critical of non-liberals - but articles critical of liberals not so much.

10. FR7 Baptist

Not true. I started a thread urging Charles Rangel to resign. I also made a thread criticizing President Obama.

11. targus

targus New Member

So when you were calling carpro "hateful", "deceitful and dishonest", "foster(ing) such animosity" and having "deep-seated mental issues" were you just projecting?

#31 targus, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  12. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Innocent until proven guilty.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Assuming the worst, that Rand Paul actually did some of the things attributed to him during his college years (and that is sort of doubtful, all things considered) is there not such a thing as repentance? He is not running for pastor, after all.

I find the double standard of the liberal main stream media rather difficult at times, especially when they work hard to dictate to the conservative faction which candidates should pushed forward. We saw this most clearly with the media coverage of McCain in the last presidential election cycle. Whom the media lifts up -- and how -- effects a boat load of the electorate, and ultimately the election itself.

15. targus

targus New Member

Bumped for Paul3144