1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Alcorn's Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Craigbythesea, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Heaven by Randy Alcorn. Fact of fiction?

[​IMG]

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I don't know, who's Randy Alcorn?

3. OCC

OCC Guest

I never read that book but I've read a couple of his other books. Edge of Eternity and Dominion I think. He's a good writer. He doesn't claim his ideas of heaven are correct but they are interesting and they are just stories.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have to disagree with King James, all of his references of Heaven are pulled from the Bible and not "stories". I read the book and liked it. I would lean more toward fact than fiction...but noone knows until we get there (here). The preface asks if there is anything he implies that is not 100% scripture based, to contact him. I have to admit I used to think we would be floating around in disembodied spirits, but this goes against what the Bible says. We will have a body like Jesus had during His assencion, flesh and bone. We will eventually live on the "new earth", which he and I agree is this earth, but totally renewed. New Jerusalem implies cities, culture, work, etc. He makes a good point that when we think of a "new car" do we envision a car without a steering wheel, windshield and tires? No. In the same way we shouldn't think of "new earth" as not having trees, animals, cultures, rivers and food. I would recommend this book.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

Webdog, I don't think I was clear enough. I believe some of his descriptions of heaven are just there for the story. I'm not saying all of is just the story. But he is still a great writer. I can't put his books down when I'm reading them.

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Has anyone else read this book?

[​IMG]

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member