1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture and Politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I will say I do believe your understanding is the most popular and mine would be more to the bottom of the list.
    No it was for a short conversation, perhaps a couple minutes, at a church he was visiting. He was very gracious to speak with me and I met his wife and we moved on as there was many people around. That was many years ago, perhaps 20 or so.

#21 freeatlast, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Never Said "All"....

....Christian radio stations would go to dead noise. I said "some"....

However, you and I agree on the small amount of those who will be raptured, based on Matthew 7:12-15 which teaches that the road to heaven is narrow as is the gate! :tear:

I don't know if it is a number a small as 8 :laugh:, as in Noah's time, but, there is a greater number of pretenders, than contenders, on the highway to hell. :tear:

This is the basis for my third book, Final Daze: "God's way or the highway!"

I wrote that book to show the church that they need to take a spiritual inventory and a hard look at what they practice and support.

We agree that there are a large number of people being led astray by false teachers (2 Timothy 4:2-4, "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth...") and be turned over to their misconceptions and false doctrines (Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 22-26). :type:

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I did not mean to imply that there would only be 8 people. I was trying to use it as a reference to show the low number in comparison to what many think will go. However since scripture is silent on that it is just a guess that I base on what I see and also the verses you mentioned.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek:

;) I agree the % will not be high, lets just pull some numbers of of the sky (no pun intended)

..............700,000,000 million raptured (that is 700 million)
    ............7,000,000,000 total population
    = one out of 10 to be raptured - (10%)
    too high, too low, just about right?

Salty
    It is proven fact that Baptists will be the first to go up in the rapture
    For the Dead in Christ shall rise first :laugh: :laugh:

5. billwald

billwald New Member

It is silly to worry about a universal rapture. Most every person is less than 100 years from their personal rapture.