1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture/Milennium position

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Eric B, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken -

I wish to address your post and I will do so by quoting some of your comments.
    There is more to being a Baptist than these points that you mention. Mennonites also baptize by immersion and, though they are our historical cousins, they are not Baptist. I will not go into the Baptist distinctives right now, even though it is one of my favorite topics, but your point is in error.
    Any group can CALL themselves Baptist, but that does not make them Baptist. Also, that pastor that they "appoint" must be "God-called" and ordained in the proper way to be recognized not only by the church, but even by the state. In other words, don't try to let one of them marry your daughter off...she'll be living in sin! :eek:
    We are far more concerned about your present status than your past. Your baptism does not entitle you to alumni status in this board's opinion.
    I have no problem with how you interpret the Word of God, but this is a privately funded website that has set forth these policies to minimize false doctrine and askew representations of what Baptist thought and doctrine are. You, as a Christian, would still be free to post in the "Baptist and other Christian" forums. Believe me, you would not get lonely there.
    Same as before. The Baptist only forums are for those who claim the Baptist faith and for discussion of topics and theologies within the Baptist faith.
    We have the free for all forums where you would be welcome to post and there are plenty of non-believers there. These special forums are designed for a reason. There was a time when the Baptist Board was strictly Baptist to the exclusion of all others. That policy changed and free for all posting was allowed across the board. We found that this policy was ineffective. Therefore, posting privileges are limited to certain beliefs.
    God will provide a way. There is nothing we can do to stop that.

This is not a question of your beliefs Ken. This is a question of adherence to policy. You may not post in this forum any longer. If you continue, you will be suspended or banned. That's also the way it is all across this board. This is a privately owened website, not a street corner.

Thank you

Clint Kritzer