1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, May 9, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Would you post the Scripture where Israel is called the Bride, then show Old Testament Scripture in which Israel had received the promises given?

You make the names of the Twelve Tribes mean to say that Israel is the Bride, but what do you do with...

Revelation 21:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

...?

Understand that just as the Writer of Hebrews points out the Old Testament being the First Principles of the Doctrine of Christ, even so here we see that Israel is a foundational principle in the overview of the Redemptive Plan of God.

Israel is not the Bride, the Church is the Bride. Israel is the Old Testament picture of the Body of Christ, and those of faith under Old Testament Economies will be a part of that One People of God, the Bride of Christ.

The Bride is not exclusively the Church (though it is for now) in the Eternal State (when this city is actually delivered from Heaven to the new heavens and earth, nor is it exclusively Israel, but the Bride is comprised of both Jew and Gentile in Christ.

We see the Writer of Hebrews contrast the temporal picture of the Law with the New Covenant.

Consider:

Hebrews 12:18-24

King James Version (KJV)

18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The spirits of Old Testament Saints were made perfect, that is, complete through the Work of Christ. Today, those brought into the New Covenant are perfected forever when they are sanctified, and this occurs at the time of salvation. Both are among the redeemed, but there is a difference between the two Covenants, even as there is a difference between the Covenant of Law and the Abrahamic Covenant.

God bless.

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not so. Anyone who might be reading scripture during the trib period could read scripture below

John 3:12-13 (KJV)
    13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And that scripture will still stand true

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No it won't.
    1. People won't be reading scripture at the time of the tribulation; they will be blaspheming God.
    2. Jesus said that while on earth. Now he is in heaven. He will not be on earth during the tribulation. The verse only made sense at that time as he spoke to Nicodemus.
    3. The verse was a statement of his deity. He was proclaiming his deity to Nicodemus. He doesn't need to do that now. He won't need to do that then.
    They will hide their faces from the Lamb, wishing to die.

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

4. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Whats the problem?

Matthew 19:28 (KJV)
    28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Theyll be judging the 12 tribes. The bride {according to scripture}

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are confusing too many topics at once.
    Now this is speaking of The Millennial Kingdom, not the Tribulation. One is a time of peace the other of judgment.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that when we see the thrones...

Revelation 4:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

...there are 24 thrones, not 12.

And again, we see the Twelve Tribes and the Twelve Apostles named. This coincides with the consistent teaching that in Christ the two are made one. That is, the Bride of Christ is comprised of all that have been faithful and in obedience to the Word of God.

There shall be One Shepherd and One Fold:

John 10:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

God bless.

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not all. You do know the "day of the Lord" comes after the trib period

Zephaniah 2:1-3 (KJV)
    1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
    2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.
    3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The context of this verse is a reference to the Incarnation, not the Return of Christ. At this time no man had entered into the presence of God in Heaven because they yet awaited Reconciliation/Atonement.

Man had only seen God in his realm, that is, within the universe created for man's existence. Thus it remains true that men have seen God and no man hath at any time seen God.

In order for men to come into the presence of God in His realm they must first be reconciled and their sins atoned for, but even being regenerate their unredeemed flesh cannot enter into the spiritual realm of God. In order for that to occur the body must be changed as well, and this is why Paul makes the point that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. When the Body of Christ is resurrected at the Rapture their bodies are then redeemed, at which point they are suitable, in physical form, to enter into the spiritual realm of God.

That is why that point is important, and as of yet you have not addressed it.

Please do so.

God bless.

9. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

The "others". So if the bride is Israel wheres that leave the gentiles? The others

JOHN 10 [14] I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. [15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [16] And OTHER SHEEP I HAVE, WHICH ARE NOT OF THIS FOLD: THEM ALSO I MUST BRING, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and ONE SHEPHERD.

I MUST BRING! Jesus said there were “others” not of the fold of the house of Israel. These “others” are the gentiles that hear His voice. Them also He will bring.... Bring where? Bring to heaven as the raptuist claim? Nope. At the time when Jesus does bring us we will have but ONE SHEPHERD.

EZEKIEL 37 [21] And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will GATHER THEM on every side, and BRING THEM into their own land: [22]And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: [23] Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. [24] And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have ONE SHEPHERD: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. [25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. [26] Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. [27] My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Jesus gathers His people {in the twinkling of an eye} and brings them and BRINGS them to Israel, to the kingdom. We will have but ONE SHEPHERD

ZECHARIAH 8 [7] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; [8] And I will BRING THEM, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, in truth and in righteousness

The kingdom rest will be in the midst of Jerusalem

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also THE SONS OF THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. [8] The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, YET WILL I GATHER OTHERS TO HIM, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Jesus brings them to His Holy Mountain. The kingdom rest. Yes, the “others” {John 10v16} {Isaiah 56v8} are the gentiles. So when the LAST TRUMPET {1Cor.15} sounds we meet the Lord in the air and Jesus “brings” us to His holy mountain in Jerusalem for the kingdom rest. Not off to heaven as the Rapturist claim.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The term "Day of the Lord" speaks of every event in which God interacts directly with men, usually in Judgment. It is not limited to the Return of Christ, which is definitely a "Day of the Lord" occurrence, and just as is usual, it will be a time of judgment:

Joel 1:14-16

King James Version (KJV)

14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry unto the Lord,

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

16 Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God?

Notice that this Day of the Lord occurrence includes the destruction that is coming, and it has no context of the Lord's Return, as the Lord's Incarnation was yet a mystery to the Prophets.

Joel 2:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

Joel actually defines what the Day of the Lord means here. It is not, again, exclusive to the Lord's Return, but speaks of great violence and destruction.

Now watch this:

Joel 2:30-32

King James Version (KJV)

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Acts 2:19-21

King James Version (KJV)

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter makes application of the Day of the Lord...in his day.

So now I ask you...do you still make the Day of the Lord exclusive to the Return only?

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, another one who only speaks at people.

Let me know if you actually want to discuss this.

God bless.

12. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Well DC i believe scripture will explain scripture. My words mean little. When you post an opinion i will try not to address that opinion with my opinion. Scripture yes. Opinion no. Sorry this bothers you

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What bothers me is that you do not even attempt to address the points. That always bothers me, lol.

It is not an opinion that Paul clearly shows glorification is in view in both passages, and the point of flesh and blood not inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven points to our being in Heaven.

But, it doesn't bother me that much.

1 Corinthians 15:48-50

King James Version (KJV)

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Again, we know that the Kingdom in view is neither the Millennial Kingdom nor the Kingdom which is the spiritual rule and reign of believers in the hearts of those born again.

So what Kingdom is Paul referring to?

We see numerous resurrections in Revelation but none of them fit the criteria for Paul's teaching in 1 Thessalonians 4.

This resurrection and rapture...

Revelation 11:7-12

King James Version (KJV)

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

When these two are raptured...where do they go?

God bless.

14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Peter is quoting scripture about the day of the Lord. Answer me this...Has the Lords spirit been poured out on ALL flesh?

EZEK 39 [8] Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Its a certain one time event. Thus saith the Lord

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The "Day of the Lord" is and includes the Tribulation period!

16. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Dont know. But i will not add to the Word nor subtract.

17. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not according to scripture

MARK 13 [19] For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.[20] And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.[21] And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:[22] For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.[23] But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

{verses 19-23 describe the trib period}
    {verses 24-27 describe the Day of the Lord}

[24] But in those days, AFTER THAT TRIBULATION, the SUN SHALL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON SHALL NOT GIVE HER LIGHT,[25] And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.[26] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.[27] And then shall he send his angels, and shall GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

In Mark you see the great tribulation period is FOLLOWED by a dark sun and dark moon

JOEL 2 [30] And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. [31] THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND THE TERRIBLE DAY OF THE LORD COME.

In Joel we find the sun will be darkened and the moon into blood BEFORE the Day of the Lord

Pretty simple

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, no questions answered until you respond to the answers given.

Two can play that game.

;)

God bless.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be doing just fine ignoring much of what Scripture has to say.

Not a matter of adding and subtracting, simply a simple question about what is obviously a resurrection and rapture of two believers.

This is something you have not included in drawing a conclusion about where we go when the Rapture takes place.

I will just comment that your commentary on this passage in Ezekiel actually defies what the context carries, lol.

God bless.

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Seems youve been playin that game from the start. Below you find my 1st question.

I guess my 1st question is...can anyone find one scripture sayin we are heading for heaven when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye

Youve yet to post scripture saying we head to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event. Youve done a song and dance. Just post the scripture. Ill read it myself. Youve yet to do that. Instead you start talkin bout glorified bodies

#40 Chowmah, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015