1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, May 9, 2015.

1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Read the very next 2 lines DHK

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 THES. 5 [1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION cometh upon them, as travail upon a WOMAN WITH CHILD; and they shall not escape.

Doesn’t [1Thes.5] explain to us that [1Thes.4] takes place on The Day of the Lord? There is no scriptural gap between the above scriptures. 1Thes.5 directly follows 1Thes.4 verse 18. There were no chapters and verses when 1Thes was written. It clearly says that the goins on of 1Thes.4 takes place on the Day of the Lord. The day of the Lord takes place after the tribulatuion.

ISAIAH 26 [17] Like as a WOMAN WITH CHILD, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord. [18] We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. [19] THY DEAD MEN SHALL LIVE, TOGETHER WITH MY DEAD BODY SHALL THEY ARISE. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, UNTIL THE INDIGNATION BE OVERPAST. [21] For, behold, THE LORD COMETH OUT OF HIS PLACE TO PUNISH THE INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH FOR THEIR INIQUITY: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

In Isaiah 26 we find scriptural proof that 1Thes.4 and 1Thes.5 belong together like a horse and carriage. You find “women with child” in both 1Thes. and Isaiah 26. You find the dead rising in the 1st resurrection in both 1Thes. and Isaiah 26. Lastly you find the bad guys gettin the what for in both scriptures. Yup. The Day of the Lord.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Excellent post and understanding of what Paul is teaching.

3. OldRegular

Depends on what you mean by the "rapture" event. According to Scripture there will be a general resurrection of the dead followed by a general {Great White Throne} judgment {John 5:28, 29}. That general resurrection will be at the return of Jesus Christ who will conduct the Judgment {Revelation 20:11-15}. Those who are in Jesus Christ will enter the New Heavens and New Earth where the tabernacle of GOD will be {Revelation 21:1-4} in bodies like the resurrection body if Jesus Christ. Therefore, it is correct to say that Job and all the OT Saints will be in the New Heavens and New Earth since they are part of the Church, the Bride of Jesus Christ.

It is false to say that Jesus Christ entered Heaven with a fleshly body. Scripture record of events dealing with Jesus Christ clearly showed that His resurrection body possessed qualities not in bodies of flesh. The Apostle Paul when talking of the Resurrection of the Saints tells us:

1 Corinthians 15:50-56
    50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
    51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

4. OldRegular

The last trumpet is the last trumpet, called the Seventh Trumpet in Revelation {8:2 and 11:15. It is the same trumpet that Paul mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:16, the last trumpet of 1 Corinthians 15:52, and the trumpet of Matthew 24:31!

5. OldRegular

The "Universal", {Catholic means Universal} Doctrine of the Church until John Nelson Darby's new revelation was in the resurrection of the dead at the return of Jesus Christ, not a secret harpazo of the Church.

6. OldRegular

Using the classic meaning of liberal the Rapture Ready folks are "Liberal" since the pre-trib did not influence Christianity until Darby's new revelation in 1830.!

{liberal: adjective
    1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant:}

Of course none of them are liberal when it comes to tolerance!

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Yes OldRegular, i agree

1 CORINTHIANS 10[1] Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all OUR FATHERS were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; [2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; [3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat; [4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they DRANK OF THAT SPIRITUAL ROCK that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.

Job will be amoung the dead in Christ who will be “changed” at the 1Cor.15 event?

JOB 14 [10] But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?[11] As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:[12] So MAN LIETH DOWN, AND RISETH NOT: TILL THE HEAVENS BE NO MORE, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! [14] IF A MAN DIE, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN? all the days of my appointed time will I WAIT, TILL MY CHANGE COME.

Job says after the heavens be no more, then shall his "change" come

2PET.3 [10] But THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME as a thief in the night; in the which THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

Job says his "change" will come when the heavens be no more. Above scripture tells us the heavens be no more at the coming of the Day of the Lord. Which occurs {according to scripture} after the great tribulation. So according to scripture we shall all be changed at the time of the "Day of the Lord". Which ofcourse happens AFTER the tribulation period

ISAIAH 34 [2] For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.[3] Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.[4] And all the host of HEAVEN SHALL BE DISSOLVED, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. [8] For it is THE DAY OF THE LORD'S VENGEANCE, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.