1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rattlesnakes?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 3, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Jefferson was supposedly a deist. Perhaps he was influenced by the Koran!

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, we can either have a country that upholds religious freedom, or we can have what the British had back in 1776.

At the point that the government starts saying there will only be one recognized religion, whether it be islam or someone's particular brand/flavor of Christianity, I'll lead the revolt myself.

So what do you want, OR? You want a theocratic government that only recognizes Christianity? Or do you want to say only muslims are not allowed?

3. OldRegular

Can you produce one post where I said I was against freedom of religion?

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief, are you serious? Did you bump your head, do you need a doctor?

How can you say the things you've said about Muslims and wonder why I think you're opposed to, religious freedom for all?

You can't be for freedom, if you want to single out one group for their beliefs and exclude them.

You have said Islam isn't a religion, guess what, you doing get to decide what is allowed. That I have to explain that is shameful...for you.

5. OldRegular

I suggest you go back and read the OP!

What you think and what I said are two different things.

I repeat for your edification:
    If you can't read that I can make it larger.

That is false also: Can you show one post where I said Islam was not a religion?

Just to refresh your aging memory, I repeat my post #32!
    I added emphasis in the above quote to aid your failing eyesight. They do make spectacles you know. As for your aging memory there is little hope!

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can produce the opening post, and nearly every post you've made since then, that indicate you don't want people who practice islam in this country. I even posted a refutation of the opening post, which you ignored.

If we support religious freedom, we don't get to pick which religions we don't want. There is no "religious freedom except for ____ ."

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Don.

No right thinking, sensible individual would read what you have said in this thread and ever think you are sold out, 100% to religious freedom for all.

Your attempts at nuance and hair splitting have failed miserably. You want to support bigoted policies, fine, go ahead, that is your choice. Don't however insult the intelligence of this board by saying bigoted things and then try and tell us that isn't what you said or that what you said isn't bigoted, when clearly it is.

Directed to OldRegular

#47 go2church, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  8. OldRegular

I clearly reproduced for your benefit and that of Don what I said. I meant exactly what I said and neither nuanced or split hairs. If you are unable to understand and benefit then you have a problem!

9. OldRegular

Really Don, India is not considered "middle east". http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

Furthermore, the term racist is insulting so nothing you posted merited response!

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OR - in my refutation of your opening post, I didn't call you racist. The article you quoted in your opening post was bordering on racist.

Consider the points I made. In order for that article's analogy to be correct, then all middle easterners must all be muslim, and all have the same mentality and goals.

If you say that all muslims believe exactly the same, then you ignore that there are different factions of muslims, just as there are of Christians. If you still insist that all muslims are the same, then you are fulfilling the definition of "racist."

And you seem to continue to avoid the fundamental point: do YOU want to say our country exercises freedom of religion -- except for certain religions?

11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While Islam escapes as a nominal religion, it is a temple of doom that mutilates women almost universally and has a barbarian set of laws that automatically make Islam guilty of crimes against humanity and human rights abuse.

Here in central Indiana, Islam operates the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) as an alleged think tank but it is really an umbrella organization and a front for the Muslim Brotherhood, a child of Islam and Nazism.

12. OldRegular

I have never said all Muslims are the same and neither does the OP. However, it seems that many in this country have the attitude of Hillary Clinton that "we must empathize with our enemies." The murderous rampage at Fort Hood in Texas is still called workplace violence by Obama and his lackeys!

World wide there is little or no condemnation by the so-called moderate Muslims of the radical terrorists no matter how many they kill. In this country I have seen only one Muslim speak out against the Islamic terrorists, a formed Navy Commander and doctor, living in Arizona. Essentially all Muslim organizations in this country either defend Islamic terrorists or remain silent. Radical Muslim clerics are going into prisons to convert the black prisoners.

In all honesty if I could send all Muslims in this country back to where ever they came from I would. I believe that in the coming years the same thing will happen in our country that is happening in Europe. i don't know! Perhaps God is judging this country for the slaughter of 55,000,000 unborn children at the rate of about 4000 each day.

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sweeping generalizations, the bigotry, the misinformation - just wow!

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The entire opening post was analogizing muslims with rattlesnakes, with the clear concept that all rattlesnakes are alike.

I would normally agree, because I have no love for our current administration; however, it was announced late last week that there is now an Administration effort to award purple hearts to the victims of Fort Hood. You don't award purple hearts for workplace violence. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to see this administration finally acknowledge, even if not publicly, that Fort Hood wasn't just dissatisfaction with working conditions.

Agreed.

So how can you open this post by saying that you've never said all muslims are the same, and neither did the OP; and then right here say "send them all back" ?!? (and the logical fallacy of that statement is, how many of them were born here in America, so there's nowhere to send them back to....)

You're contradicting yourself.

I can agree with this.

But your histrionics regarding muslims, to the point of ignoring the freedoms and very foundations our forefathers fought and died for, require me to observe that your comments closely resemble the very thing liberals are guilty of: allowing our viewpoints to be governed by emotions.

15. OldRegular

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I know! Reminds me of some of the bigotry I have experienced on this BB from the pre-trib-dispensationalists!:thumbsup::thumbs:

16. OldRegular

Don,

You implied on an earlier post that because of my views on Islam I was a racist. I would remind you that there are many in the Islamic religion that are not Arab's or people of color. Many people in the Balkans are Muslims because of incursions by the Muslims into Europe during the middle ages.

Islam spread into Europe as far west as France before being defeated by Charles Martel, the grandfather of Charlemagne, at Tours, France in 732 AD [Halley. page 717]. Part of Spain remained under control of Islam [the Moors] until 1492 AD when Ferdinand defeated the last Moorish army at the gates of Granada and drove them back to Africa [Schaff, Volume IV, page 173]. Islam is still present in some Balkan states [eg.,Bosnia and Kosovo, part of the former Yugoslavia, and Albania].

The second major assault against the Christian nations by Islam, this time by the Turkish Empire [Halley, page 719; see also Henry, Volume 6, page 1153 and Carroll, page 114]. Artillery [fire, smoke, and brimstone] was first used in the Turkish assault and capture of Constantinople in 1455 AD. Under the Turkish Empire, Islam penetrated as far west as Vienna [Austria] where they were defeated by a Polish army under John Sobieski in 1683 AD.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HB....least ya haven't equated them with Damn Yankees (YET)!!! :laugh:

Just joking ya brother!

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. The term I should be using is "bigotry."

19. OldRegular

I expect that all true Christians are guilty of bigotry since they believe any religion except Christianity is a false religion. I expect there are some on this BB who believe all Roman Catholics are hell bound!

20. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a difference between not agreeing with someone's theology and wishing to send someone "back home" because of their theology.