1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ravi Zacharias?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless there is another source than the one in the op I will go on believing as you have.

3. SolaSaint

Rev, do you think Aprising Ministries is not sound? Doesn't the video clip speak for itself? I'm confused. I really like Ravi and am having trouble with him calling Meyer a good biblical teacher in a setting where he is endorsing her. It would be like John MacArthur endorsing Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland.

#3 SolaSaint, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They just do this to much with far to many people. If you add up their list no one out there in the world today is sound.

5. SolaSaint

I can see where you would say this, they do seem to attack a lot of ministries, but how are we to take this video? Is it a fake or does Ravi endorse Meyer? I cannot side with Ravi on this one if it is true that he said these things.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First the videos are so short it is hard to get a context.

Now because of her word of faith teaching I always discourage women from watching here. Especially since there are other women teachers who are more sound. But let's be fair to Meyers as well She does preach that Jesus is the only way. She is a good teacher of the Bible even though we do not agree with some things. And she is getting the gospel of Jesus Christ around the world even if the word of faith teaching is attached to it.

So Ravi may just be being gracious to the things he can agree with her on. he did not say he agreed with any of her teachings that are in error in scripture. Until I hear him agree with things she teaches like word of faith, I am going to assume the best about him.

This is the reason I do not like this site. They take any agreement and turn it into an wholesale approval of everything done by these people and that is just false and misleading.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some people try to be all things to all men. He is a smart person....but when you listen for any length of time....you do not hear much about Jesus.
    Word of faith people are like a plague upon the land.

8. SolaSaint

Maybe so, but I cannot understand why men like Ravi will go on a televised show with a known heretic like Meyer. Most any heretical teacher like Hinn, Copeland and Hagen will sound orthodox 98% of the time, but I don't think that means we put forth the thought that we endorse their ministries.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he say "I endorse your ministry?"

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is so similar to...

...the issue with RW and the Muslim convention in Pasadena. I would think that if you are not happy with the direction in which another pastor is moving, you need to pray; seek God's direction as to your concerns; and do as the Spirit leads you to do.

If RW, Ravi, or others are wrong, God will chastise them when the time for chastising comes. Until then, I appreciate you letting us know what is going on with well known ministries, because you are kind of like the "watchman" on the wall, sounding the alarm, and blowing the trumpets in Zion.

However, as you clearly witnessed in the RW posts, there are people from camps that will not find this as despicable as those from your camp will. :thumbsup:

Shalom!

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I have enjoyed much of Ravi's teachings. That does not mean I will agree with him on everything. In fact, there are not many that we can expect any of us to agree with on everything.

Is it disappointing when otherwise solid men give legitimacy to people I find teach abhorrent theology? Yes. It was true when Piper did so with Rick Warren and it is true in this case as well.

That does not mean I will stop listening to what these men have to say.

12. SolaSaint

Thanks and Merry Christmas Dude.

13. SolaSaint

Good point, Merry Christmas.

14. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours as well.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joyce Meyer is NOT a "sound teacher', for she speaks the very theology of the word faith/charasmatic movement, but is smart rnough to garb it in "bilical termininology!"

16. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At this point, I'm wary of anything Aprising puts out and find their analysis clouded by their own false theological commitments.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We always want to be aware of false teachers. But when we become so focused on that issue alone we end up finding boogy men under every stone.

18. SolaSaint

Rev,

I think you have a valid point. I love Apologetics but I do see myself being overly critical a lot. We must remember Peter said to defend the faith but do it with respect and gentleness. I hope I can do this from now on.

I guess where the difficultly will be is if someone criticizes a false ministry that is admired by some, we will always get flack. I guess it comes with the territory.

19. pilgrim_99

pilgrim_99 Member

His speaking at the Mormon temple in SLC was controversial as well to say the least.

20. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

What is word of faith preaching? I am sorry, but I have never heard of some of the terms used on this forum.

Also, I have a real hard time with female" preachers". I am strongly convicted that woman have a important role in getting the " word" out, but not as a pastor/preacher. Yes JM IS getting out the gospel, but so is Pat Robertson , and all of you that responded to my thread on him, pointed out many issues with his show, his preaching , etc. Ever since then, i have had a hard time believing any tv preacher. You all have given me great guidance and advise, why would it stop now? If Ravi Z is endorsing Joyce Meyer, then I will stop listening to him as well. And who ever said he says little about Jesus, is very accurate. He does NOT preach the gospel.
    This is why I am getting turned off with Tv preachers, and " christian" radio, the preachers are way off base, and the music and christian convictions of the radio stations are half in the world. At least thats how I feel, especially when it comes to " contemporary" Christian music. To me, that means one foot in the world