1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ray Charles

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ben W, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I watched a dvd focusing on the life of Ray Charles. I like his music on "The Blues Brothers".

On this dvd it stated that Ray has put out a number of Gospel Albums and that Ray is refered to as the father of "Soul Music". The blend between Rythm and Blues and Gospel Music.

Ray seems to have had been involved with a few different women over the years and has been divorced. Has it ever been made public as to where Ray stands with God?

And regarding his Gospel Music, any Ray Charles fans in here?

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Love his music.

His "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music" is one of the best albums ever and should be had by anyone who loves good music.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Love his music.

His "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music" is one of the best albums ever and should be had by anyone who loves good music.

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Although I am a HUGE fan of Ray Charles, I don't think I have ever heard him say anything regarding this. Ray has definitely had to deal with his own personal demons, most notably an insatiable heroin addiction.

I would be very interested in what light anyone might be able to shed on this too.....

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

So, can anyone shed any light on this for us?