1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ray Comfort

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Seeker Of Truth, Feb 10, 2006.

1. I join in unison with SFiC's question. PD, if you have specific proof, please cite it so it can be discussed. Lacking that, I suspect that you are accusing a brother falsely, for reasons unknown to us. </font>[/QUOTE]Look it up on the web. It's all there. Otherwise, wait a few hours until I am at my office and have access to that file of mine to quote. You can suspect me accusing a "brother" falsely all you want. It isn't a hidden fact that Ray Comfort is a tongues speaking Charismatic. And I have some of his "gospel" tracts that mix rationalism and New Agism with the Gospel.

2. standingfirminChrist

I was making a point. You are trying to take the thread off topic yourself. Calling Ray Comfort a heretic and saying 'Let's get back to the Bible.'

The theme is Ray Comfort. I will continue with Ray Comfort.

And I did not change the thread. I was not the one who brought up the Star Trek wedding. Thank you

3. Yes, the theme is Ray Comfort, not dresses and hair. You're on a hobby horse.

I am on topic, recommending that fundamentalists abandon Ray Comfort and simply get back to the Bible, since Ray is an heretic anyway.

4. standingfirminChrist

So rather then preaching life eternal, many are preaching life enhancement. Rather then preaching deliverance from sin and hell, they preach deliverance from suffering and hurt. Ray Comfort wrote "The modern gospel has degenerated into means of happiness, rather than one of righteousness."

exerpt from http://gloryofhiscross.org/pro30.htm

Doesn't sound like a heretic to me.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

(Rbell senses a bit of "dis-comfort" in PD!)

I can "look up on the web" that the earth is flat, moon landings were hoaxes, and that Jesus came back in 1989.

You'll have to do better than that. Please, when you get to those files, post some concrete, verifiable examples of heresy. We Christians should be very hesitant at throwing around that word.

I look forward to seeing some documentation...

6. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Is everyone who you disagree with a heretic or ungodly?

7. I don't have to be hesitant calling Ray Comfort an heretic. I have studied his movement for years. The conclusion is rock solid.

8. Obviously not

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thank you for the Excellent example of Circular Reasoning:

"You are wrong because you aren't an IFB with discernment. You aren't an IFB with discernment because you are wrong."

10. standingfirminChrist

Uh-oh John,

Here comes the ungodly accusation.

11. First of all, I didn't say that, but, secondly the Bible is circular reasoning. The Bible is the Word of God because it says it is the Word of God. Not all circular reasoning is wrong.

12. Talk to y'all later.

13. standingfirminChrist

ya know what they say....

'If ya can't stand the heat...'

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

actually, I think he was unCOMFORTable.
    [​IMG]

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Heheh! PD forgot to call me a liberal first [​IMG]

Ya know, PD, I could easly say "If you are already of the persuasion that he is NOT sound, then I am not talking to a true fundamental Baptist that has discernment." But since that very statement by you displays your own prejudice, nothing more need be said. My view of COmfort is based on what I have seen in abundance. If that makes me lacking in discernment, then you have a definition of discernment.not consistent with scripture.

Still, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and welcome any objective and verifiable information you provide.

16. standingfirminChrist

lol

I think Ray Comfort is dead on in his deliverance of witnessing Christ. How can one who points another to Christ through faith in Him instead of works be a heretic?

17. Brice

Brice New Member

I must say I'm shocked... I'm in agreement with SFIC, Diggin, RBell and John all in the same thread... :eek: I'm not sure what's happening here on the BB, but I'm getting nervous.. :D

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

In full agreement, SFIC.

19. standingfirminChrist

Converting, Brice? lol

20. Brice

Brice New Member

[​IMG] Who’s to say I’m the one converting? lol [​IMG]