1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ray Comfort

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Seeker Of Truth, Feb 10, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

2. actually, I think he was unCOMFORTable.
    [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Rediculous. Can't a guy get away from his computer for an hour? Common. I can take the heat any day, but I don't live in this forum like some people. [​IMG]

3. standingfirminChrist

speaking of Ray Comfort...

I am on his evangelism site and find nothing heretical there.

4. Here is one example of Ray Comfort's heresies (taken from his description of "The Evidence Bible" right on his site!): "Learn how to witness to an atheist. See from scripture how to prove God's existence without the use of faith." - Sounds like deism to me!

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Boy, talk about you seeing things that aren't there.

6. If you can't see the deism in that, then I have nothing further to say to you. I am not going to debate.

7. standingfirminChrist

taken from the site that PD posted:

Wow! So let me get this straight, James...

You don't believe that God is able to keep those that commit themselves to God?

I have watched the video 'Hell's Best Kept Secret' many times. I have the video. Ray does not doubt God and His ability to save from the guttermost to the uttermost.

That website is just another attempt at the enemy of our souls to discredit a man who is doing much to see many snatched from the fires of hell.

8. Brice

Brice New Member

While we are at it lets look at the others they have a problem with - Chuck Swindoll and Adrian Rogers. Just take a little scroll down the page .. It's there in red.

9. standingfirminChrist

Adrian Rodgers preached the Word of God unswervingly. He was SBC, but he was more conservative than most.

It seems this PD has a problem with godly men who preach to see people saved.

10. Brice

Brice New Member

[​IMG] You are right SFIC... I'm sure we could disagree on certain men listed, but the website listed has a problem with everyone that teaches OSAS.. Hence the agenda.. God bless.

11. Wow! So let me get this straight, James...

You don't believe that God is able to keep those that commit themselves to God?

I have watched the video 'Hell's Best Kept Secret' many times. I have the video. Ray does not doubt God and His ability to save from the guttermost to the uttermost.

That website is just another attempt at the enemy of our souls to discredit a man who is doing much to see many snatched from the fires of hell.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I believe in the eternal security of the believer, according to the Word of God, not according to Calvinism.

12. Adrian Rogers and Ray Comfort are not good examples of preachers at all. I do believe in preaching the Gospel to see men saved, but, Comfort preaches a false gospel.

By the way, maybe you should take care of things at home, rather than spend your life on this forum.

13. standingfirminChrist

The Bible teaches us to judge those who claim to be of the body. 1 Corinthians 5. Read it sometime.

By posting the site, you made it your 'agenda'.

Stanley and MacAuthur? Now who is hijacking the thread? This is about Ray Comfort.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, you got me. I only watch Ray Comfort because Kirk Cameron is on there, and my wife thinks he's cute.

quote:
    What is obvious to me is that Ray Comfort has disciples planted everywhere
    -------------------------------------------------

well, THAT statement should take care of any constructive dialogue. Sheesh.

BTW, we're still waiting for some empirical proof that Comfort is a heretic.

15. standingfirminChrist

It is also evident that satan has workers everywhere too.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

I shall depart...since we're all heretics, why discuss the matter anymore?

PD, "maybe you should take care of things at home" was an insult to SFIC or whoever you intended that to be for.

I believe you owe him an apology. There's no reason to not be civil even if we disagree.

Bye.

17. standingfirminChrist

guess the kitchen got too hot again.

18. standingfirminChrist

rbell, it is a disagreement PD has with me over my wife's hairstyle and a t-shirt with the three crosses she was wearing that I put on our church website.

He told me in a pm that both my wife and I are ungodly.

Guess we don't live up to his standards.

19. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Wow...for a minute there, I thought this was a Rick Warren thread.