1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Can a man sin a sin unto death after being born again#2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Have a good nite and church tomorrow everyone. :sleeping_2:

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

You to.:praying:

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I said there were some pretenders. A pretender is not a true member of the church. Look at what John said:

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

In fact Paul indicates that there were some that were false apostles among them.
    God knows them that are his.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

True................

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Strong's is available at:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

along with a lot of other good Bible study information. I think that this is the best Bible study site on the internet. If anyone knows about a better one, I'd sure like to know about it.

6. charles_creech78

1 pe 1:23 Being Born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God which liveth and abideth for ever. John 1:1 In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God. John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:14 And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but GRACE and TRUTH came by JESUS CHRIST. 1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make HIM a liar, and his WORD is not in us. 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to FORGIVE US for our SINS, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness . 1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his WORD, IN HIM verily is the love of God PERFECTED: hereby know we that we are IN HIM. 1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope IN HIM purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 1 John 3:4 Whosoever COMMITTETH SIN transgresseth also the law: for Sin is the transgression of the law. And ye KNOW that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no SIN. 1 John 3:6 Whosoever ABIDETH IN HIM sinneth not: Whosoever sinneth hath NOT SEEN HIM NEITHER KNOWN HIM. 1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1 John 3:8 He that COMMITTETH SIN is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is BORN of GOD doth not COMMIT sin; for his SEED remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is BORN of GOD. 1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth HIS COMMANDMENTS DWELLETH IN HIM, AND HE IN HIM. And hereby we know that he ABIDETH IN US, by the spirit which he hath given us. Being born of the word of God. What is the word of God ? Read at the top and you will find out what the word is. His seed remaneth in him and he cannot sin. What is the seed ? read at the top and you will find out what the seed is. He is talking about a GOOD seed at the top. There is only One good seed. He said that SEED REMANETH IN HIM. That means that seed will not leave. Whosoever is born of God doth NOT COMMIT SIN. You cannot COMMIT sin because that seed is Jesus. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our SINS; AND IN HIM IS NO SIN. If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. This does not say we commited sin. We have sin but we do not commit it.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Thanks for the link.

1. My point is: Strong's is not an adequate source to do serious studies.

2. Strong's is only helpful up to a point.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I admit that I am not a Greek scholar, but I would say the majority use Strong's for a reference to Greek and Hebrew. I have found it to be sufficient.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Is this like saying if the dictionary you use don't have the meaning you desire then use another dictionary???

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I respect those who turn to Strong's for help, but as someone who has done advanced studies in Greek, Strong's is simply not enough.

2. Those who use Strong's should know the limitations of Strong's.

3. Some have not gone on to do advance studies in the languages and so they rely on Strong's. There's nothing wrong with this.

4. But they must understand that Strong's was designed to provide help up to a certain level.

5. Strong's is not an end in itself. If that is your belief, then that is your belief.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have great respect for anyone who applies themselves and give the time for advanced studies.
    My wife got her complete degree including Masters by working in the day and driving 60 miles everynight for her college courses which took several years the way she had to do it, but she stuck with it and then taught the 4th grade for over 30 years. She has now been retired for 5 years. So, I know what it takes for we have even locked ourselves in the house for at least 3 days at a time doing one of her reports. So, I have great respect for someone who serves the time to complete their studies.

BBob,

#231 Brother Bob, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  12. charles_creech78

Mt 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the WISE and PRUDENT, and hast REVEALED them to babes. Ro 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the DOCTRINE which ye learned; and avoid them. 2 Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this DOCTRINE, receave him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 2 Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy OF THIS BOOK, If any man shall ADD unto these things, God shall ADD unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the WORDS of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

#232 charles_creech78, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I spent 2 years going at night at the expense of the Company I work for in Engineering College. I had the title of Engineer but not the degree. I mostly took math classes,, Trig Geo. Map design, Clay modeling. Clay modeling sounds like a child's class, but the auto companys built entire bodys of next year's car out of clay. When you saw one you could not tell it was not metal, for it had been painted also, just didn't have an engine. I really enjoyed my time in design engineering and maybe should of stayed there. We had 2 factories just outside of Toronto, Canada of which I used to fly up there from time to time when they were having trouble with a part, but my wife said she was going south and if I wanted her, I would come with her. So here I am. :)

14. charles_creech78

I bet your happy you went with her.:thumbs:

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh yes, We wasn't down here too long and I had a major heart attack, then since I have had 2 heart surgeries. 2 neck artery surgeries. I really believe if I had of stayed in Mich., the pace that I worked I would of been dead.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Thank God he gave us woman to save us from ourselves! :praying:

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Amen to that LeBuick; ;)