1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Can a man sin a sin unto death after being born again#2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Watchman

Watchman New Member

John answers the original question very plainly:
    "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it" (IJohn 5:16).
    If a man sees who? John would not be speaking here of a brother pertaining to the flesh, but a spiritual brother.
    Sad to say, but a blood-washed believer could do something so serious, that God takes the rest of their life here from that person. As a natural child here on earth may lose privilages for misbehavior, so it is that God may use different means to chastise those that are His, even to the such a severe extent of being called home. This, after all, is not killing the child (as a natural parent has no right to do) a believer merely passes from one life to another.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Seems to me that would be a "reward".

Phl 1:23For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Ecc 7:1¶A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

#22 Brother Bob, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In some maybe even many or most but not all cases is this true and as you imply to "make a case" perhaps even a wrong one. But there is a good reason to appeal to the Greek and Hebrew and the KJV translators said it more elegantly than I am able:

Because they are the tongues by which God was pleased to speak to His Church by the prophets and Apostles.

HankD

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, what kind of reception do you think one will receive who is saved "yet so as by fire".

Also if the Church will not discipline the sinning one and he will not repent then God will take him home to keep the rest from being infected.

KJV Revelation 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I didn't say for them not to go to Greek NT or Hebrew OT, it is especially since I been on BB, at times to find a translation to help their theology. I find the Greek words have several meanings and sometimes it depends on the word you pick, like take a choice. It does not cause me any problems for I can go to the translations also. I put a lot of trust in the old KJV and has served me well all these years.

Maybe Him being born where that is the language they spoke had a lot to do with it. Also, He came to his own would probably have a lot to do with the language also.

#25 Brother Bob, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If he is saved as many of you support, then heaven is heaven, where we will rest from our labor, no tears or suffering. Paul had a desire to die and go there.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So why don't we all just commit suicide then? Heaven is a greater reward. There is also a greater punishment at the Judgement Seat of Christ, when we shall all give account of ourselves. What we do on this earth will count for all eternity.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Whatever you want to do. Salvation is between you and the Lord, I don't have anything to do with it, so follow your own mind.

You might have such a thing as "murderer" placed again't you.

According to Jesus, you will either hear Him say "come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom that has been prepared for you, from the foundation of the world". or you will hear Him say "depart from me ye workers of iniquity, for I never knew you".

I was just quoting Apostle Paul who said "I have a desire to depart, for to be with Christ is far better". Do you believe the scripture or do you not? Do you not believe that Heaven is a better place than here on earth?

#28 Brother Bob, Jul 24, 2007
  9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

How do you preach from the original text? The original text does not exist for any of the books of the Bible.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

:)..............

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Ask yourself if you were quoting Paul accurately? You were not!
    Your implication is that heaven is such a great reward now that the sin unto dieath (whatever that may be) really isn't a bad thing after all. If that is true why not commit suicide and get to heaven sooner to receive our "reward" of heaven sooner. There is something wrong with that logic isn't there? It is called the "will of God." The Lord didn't save you from Hell just so you could immediately die and go to heaven. He put you here for a purpose.
    And what do mean you don't have anything to do with salvation. Do you just sit all day behind a computer and never witness to anyone??

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Now who started this "early death" as a punishment for "a sin unto death" or more accurately, It is impossible to renew unto repentance a person who hath been made partaker of the Holy Ghost and have tasted of the good fruits of the Lord, and if he were to fall, to renew him to repentance is impossible. (my word, of what the scripture actually says).
    It was you and others joined in that said God would cause that person to die early would be his punishment.

I can witness and so can you but you or I can save no one, unless you are a "little God" as you called me.

How many people have you saved, I would be interested in knowing?

13. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Who care about this life I would be glad to go home to see Jesus how is that a punishment. You do not make any scence about God will take there life on earth because they done something unto death. So they will go to heaven after. How is that bad. This is the way I took what you just said. God took that Christains life from this earth because they did a sin unto death. But they are sleeping in the peradise of God know. There is a punishment for every sin you do and how is going home a punishment. My brother the law is given to the sinners and disobedant. If you do any of these you are under the law and if you are under the law you shall be judge by the law. The law is the bible and fornication is in the law .So if you fornicate you are under the law and it says in the law such that do these things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. And that is how he shall judge us by the law if you are under it. We are all going to die a natural death. Any one of us can go right know. God knows all things why did he not take that Christain home before he sin that sin unto death. God knows he was going to do it. Because that is not what It means about a sin unto death. I will tell you what will happen to that person that sin that sin unto death if he don't repent .He is going to say hide me from the face of him that sits on the throne:tonofbricks:

14. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Amen brother Bob they did start that amen.

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I dunno' about that, exactly. And I make no claim to being a "little God" at all. While I do understand what you are saying, and I generally tend to say the same, the Bible says something slightly different and a bit more instructive about that, I believe.
    It seems there is some ways that we can in fact, '"save" someone' in the Biblical sense. If you do not agree, take it up with the writers and the Holy Spirit, not me. I'm just repeatin' what they said.

Ed

#35 EdSutton, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  16. Watchman

Watchman New Member

For me to respond to you I feel that I need your interpretation of what John meant: What (exactly) did he mean in saying "Sin unto death"?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You need to read and make sure what was said in the post before responding. I don't think you believe anyone else can give eternal Salvation but Jesus Christ. I may be wrong though.

#37 Brother Bob, Jul 25, 2007
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I never said salvation isn't of the Lord. But God isn't going to save without men. He isn't going to send his angels. He isn't going to pick and choose certain individuals and magically save them. Are you superstitious?

No! He chose man to do His work in carrying out the plan of salvation to the rest of the world. In that sense we have a part in salvation. As he says in Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Jesus paid it all; but then gave us the responsibility of carrying his message of salvation to the ends of the earth. In that we have a part, indeed not only a part but a responsibility.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree with all you have posted here and that is what you should of said to start with.

You know as well as I that to "witness" is far from "saving" someone.

Sometimes DHK; you need to say, I didn't say that exactly how I wanted to, instead at all cost, trying to prove me wrong.

All we can do to lead some sinner to the Lord, is nothing compared to Him.

#39 Brother Bob, Jul 25, 2007
  20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Originally quoted by DHK
    I think my statement was clear enough in the first place.