1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Can a man sin a sin unto death after being born again#2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Here is my orginal quote also and I do not have anything to do with Salvation, for Salvation is of the Lord. That is the scripture.

and to that quote you had to post;
    WHY???
    This is the post I meant. What was its purpose?

If you witness and lead someone to the Lord is one thing, but that don't save him, it takes the Lord to do the saving. I pray you tell them that when you are witnessing to them.

#41 Brother Bob, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I thank he is talking about a spiritual death. It don't make any scence he was talking about a natrual death. I fill that this sin unto death is a spiritual death that we have all done and if this man or women that has done this sin unto death needs to repent, believe and be baptised. They never was born again. If someone is born again they know God. 1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. He planly explains what you are if you sin.1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (Which is sin) vers 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;for his seed (Jesus) remaneth in him:and he cannot SIN, because he is born of God. So in this a man that is born of God cannot sin a sin unto death.1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is NOT UNTO DEATH, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that SIN NOT UNTO DEATH. THERE is a SIN UNTO DEATH: I do not say he will not pray for it vers 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. This is the reason I thank a born again Christain cannot sin a sin unto death. Vers. 18 We know that whosoever is BORN OF GOD SINNETH NOT; But he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

#42 charles_creech78, Jul 25, 2007
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Bob, who is “him” above.
    If you mean the apostles they spoke Aramaic /Hebrew as their native tongue(s) yet they wrote in Koine Greek. Probably because the NT Scripture containing the Gospel was sent to the Gentiles through them.

HankD

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Him is "Jesus" and He came to His own, were the Jews, which spoke Hebrew, or at least I thought they did.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

While I agree that no one can give "eternal salvation" other than God or as in other Scritures, the Lord Jesus Christ, as well, that once again was not exactly what you said.

I've said before that I am not a mind reader, hence I respond to only what is actually written.

And I did read the post, else I wouldn't have responded. :rolleyes:

In fact, here is your quote again.
    I do not judge how many anyone has 'saved', FTR. Now, was there something wrong with my answer, since Paul and James in the Scripture said otherwise? It was taken directly from Scripture.

Ed

#45 EdSutton, Jul 25, 2007
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This is where it started and it being my statement, I think I know more than you would that I was talking "eternal salvation". You should of read on back in the posts, or you could of ask me what did I mean about being "saved". I think even the "babes" in Christ could see we were talking about "Eternal Salvation".

Some of what you quoted were already "saved" and being I believe in OSAS, I saw right away you were completely off subject and was talking about something that DHK and I were not discussing.

Again, I have saved no one and can't and neither can you.

Act 4:12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

save
    swzw
    sozo
    sode'-zo
    from a primary sos (contraction for obsolete saos, "safe"); to save, i.e. deliver or protect (literally or figuratively):--heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Take your pick for your scriptures for I know we cannot give anyone eternal Salvation.

#46 Brother Bob, Jul 25, 2007
  7. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Sin unto death

Now you are talking about sinless perfection. Anyone who claims to obtained sinless perfection, just committed a sin, as well as making God a liar: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1Jo 1:8) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1Jo 1:10)
    God's Word is not contradictory. The passage you quote has to do with the fact that the truly blood-washed believer has been given a Divine nature, and has the Holy Spirit indwelling. But, we will until our deaths carry around the old fallen nature. It depends on which one we follow day by day, minute by minute. Man does not surrender his free will, we are not robots. We are not only capable, but we will commit sins, if not commission, then omission. To say other wise is contrary to God's Word and, perhaps a bit arrogant.
    No parent would look out their window where there child is and, observing them misbehaving, run out and kill the child. No, the child is taken inside, with loss of privileges

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

There is an inward man which has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the mind of Christ and is what is "born again" and does not sin. There is the outward man who is waiting on his change in the resurrection and has a fleshly mind and in which dwelleth sin until he dies but God's Grace is suffecient to keep him and he does not commit the sins such as will not enter the Kingdom such as adultery, murder, stealing but does commit what Jesus said "there is a sin which is not unto death.". A Christian is just that, he is "Christ like". There are several scripture which say he cannot sin, what kind of an answer do you have for those scripture. such as;

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is just one scripture, please give me an answer for this without changing the words or adding to.

or answer this one;

1Jo 5:18¶We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

or this one;

1Jo 3:6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

We claim not, that we do not sin, but we do claim that the inward man, which is what is born again, does not sin.

We also claim that we are saved by Grace through faith and that the Grace stays with us to keep us and deliver us, both soul and body and spirit.

1Th 5:23¶And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 7:
    18: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19: For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    20: Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    21: I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    22: For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    24: O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25: I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I would like to know how come some of you believe that a Christian can not keep from committing sin,such as, stealing, killing, adultery etc. Please tell me why a Christian, kept by the power of God, cannot keep from doing these terrible sins? Does every Christian have a desire to commit adultery? What happened to the Christian when he was "born again", nothing?

I tell you what you need to do, you need to examine yourselves to see if you really are in the faith, if you can't keep from these type of sin, and I mean the sins that will not inherit the Kingdom.

Gal. 5:
    18: But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

#48 Brother Bob, Jul 25, 2007
  9. charles_creech78

I did not make God a lier. He is the one who said he that is born of God CANNOT sin. Read it it is in 1 John chapter 3. You as a born again Christain cannot sin a sin unto death. You will sin a sin that is not unto death. I do not care what you thank of me after this. There is a perfect man with in you if you are born again. That man that is perfect in you is Jesus Christ. That seed that you are born of is Jesus Christ. Are you saying Jesus can sin. I am talking spiritual sin that is unto death. There is a inward man and there is a outward man. If you do not understand that you will not understand what I am saying.

10. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Sin unto death

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1Jo 1:8) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1Jo 1:10)

We go back to these passages. Let me ask-have you attained sinless perfection? Anyone here? Since being a Christian? Never looked twice at a woman-the Lord said that is adultery, never had a bad thought toward a person-the Lord calls it murder. How about something you should have done, but didn't-that is a sin of omission.
    John says elsewhere "If we confess OUR sins..." OUR means the person speaking and others-this is the apostle John speaking. Paul could only say "Oh retched man that I am." He never claimed perfection-he pressed to the mark, but never attained. The believers in Corinth were regarding the Lord's Supper it seems as though it were some sort of party. Because of them not taking the Lord's Supper seriously, or not worthily, many were sick and some were asleep. Some were what? ASLEEP.
    Yes, I realize that you have some Scripture there, there MUST be an explanation for every verse. Those have to refer to the fact that the Christian can not habitually practice sin, indeed he cannot, he is God's child and God won't have it. God will deal with sin in the Christian, even if it is to the extent of what happened to some of the Corinthians-sleep.

#50 Watchman, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not saying we have no sin outwardly, but that which is born of God cannot sin.

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    You can't answer the above scripture because you do not realize there is an inward man that is born of God and has the mind of Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.

2Cr 4:16¶For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day.

You do not even have an answer for "I am the bread of life, that a man may eat thereof and never die".

Jhn 6:51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

You say you have eat of the bread of life but yet you know that you will die.

What is your answer to Jesus saying:
    Jhn 5:25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

It doesn't say its going in the future, but it says it is now. Can you say, you will never die?

Gal 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When you say the inward man sins, you are saying Christ sins, for He lives in the inward man. It is the outward man that sins a sin which is not unto death all the time, probably every day, for that which is not of faith is sin. As long as you do not recognize there is an inward man (soul) and there is an outward man (flesh), you will never have the answers to John and others that say we sin not, or Jesus saying we shall never die.
    Is your inward man going to die when the natural death comes? Mine is not and you know why, I eat of the bread of life and shall never die.

Please give me an answer, why do you believe that Christians cannot keep from committing adultery?

Why do we have to die, if we been "born again" and eat of the bread of life?

You can't answer why John says in one breath "if we say we have no sin, the truth is not in us" and then in a few breaths laster say "that which is born of God, cannot sin". You have no answer, you have added "habitual sin" for your answer, but then there are other scripture that say a man cannot sin. You have no answer, but I do.
    You can't even answer the simplist of scripture, "I am the bread of life, that a man may eat thereof and never die", you have no answer, but I do.

#51 Brother Bob, Jul 26, 2007
  12. charles_creech78

No he said he that looketh on a women to lust after her he have cometed adultery. Paul also said Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous I will tell you again if you as a christain comet adultery you Will go to hell. You was never born again. Please read Galatian 5:19-21 it tells you what will not inherit the kingdom of God and adultery is one of the first things he states will not inherit. If you are doing these things and say you are a Born Again Christain you lie and do not the truth. You need to repent and be born again. You deceive your self when you thank that you are something and you an't. Only the devil will tell you that them things that you are doing are ok. A person that do these thing is not ok. You need to study more brother and rightly devide the word of truth. Has someone told you that these sin are ok. You said something about having a bad thought about someone and that is killing that is in Gal. But a born again Christain will not do something like that. 1 John 3:14 We KNOW that we have passed from death unto LIFE, because we love the brothren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in DEATH. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye KNOW that no MURDERER hath eternal life ABIDING IN HIM. Ok 1John 3:10 In this the children of GOD are MANIFESTED, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not RIGHTEOUNESS is not of GOD, NEITHER he that loveth not his brother. I am not saying that you do these things but if you do . I do not beleive you know God. I have given you scripture look it up and read it. You said something about being Gods child that he will not kill them because they done something wrong. That is if you are a child of God.

#52 charles_creech78, Jul 26, 2007
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't really have to read the rest of the post. If you sin outwardly you sin inwardly. If you commit the outward sin of adultery what have you done? How can you do that in the flesh without doing that inwardly (whatever that means)? First reconcile this type of dualism that you believe in. It sounds like an early type of heresy to me. Sin is sin. If you commit it with your hands (outwardly) it still sin. A fleshly sin is still a spiritual sin. Ask David and read his Psalm of repentance in Psalm 51. "Against thee and thee alone have I sinned." he said to the Lord.

14. mmetts

mmetts New Member

I still think this thread poses a deeper question of our faith. Therefore, it is my position that, Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Gal 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

So, you think Christ sins?

Jhn 6:51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Jhn 11:26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

The living know they must die. So, what is your answer to the above scripture that Jesus says will live for ever.

DHK; can you keep from committing adultery and if so, how?

Also, the scripture teaches dualism, but you are blind and can't see.

#55 Brother Bob, Jul 26, 2007
  16. mmetts

mmetts New Member

Wow, excellent point. Perhaps it could be that, we are still in the flesh, in a very literal sense, but spiritually, we are in Christ? This would seem to satisfy both arguments. Does that make sense?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is what I been saying all along. The inward man is spiritual and the outward man is flesh. That is why Paul said " we are not of them that walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

18. mmetts

mmetts New Member

So it is a question of our faith entirely.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This one scripture tells us that there is an inward man and there is an outward man (flesh)
    When a person can see this, it gives the answer for John saying he that saith he hath no sin, is a liar and then a couple verses later say, that which is born of God cannot sin.
    It opens up, I am the bread of life that a man may eat and never die.

It opens up, let the dead bury the dead.

It opens up, be ye perfect as your Father which art in Heaven.

Oh, it opens up and makes sense of all the scripture that so many try adding to so they make sense, such as "habitual sin". Where did that come from, I don't know for its not scripture.

#59 Brother Bob, Jul 26, 2007
  20. charles_creech78

First of all what he is tring to say is a born again Christain cannot sin inwardly . that is why he said that in 1 John . FOR HIS SEED REMANETH IN HIM AND HE CANNOT SIN BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD. DHK you said that all sin is the same. It is not, there is a sin unto death and there is a sin not unto death. If they where all the same he would have said there is a sin unto death and left the sin not unto death out. There is a sin not unto death and there is a sin unto death. Why do you thank Paul wrote about if we sin and then he said we cannot sin. We cannot sin inwardly because the soul witch is inwardly is born of God. You cannot sin being Born again. Ok DHK if you say that you have been born again and you sin inwardly than what does that make you. It make you not Born of God. Because the bible tells me that you cannot sin being born again. You have seen the works of the flesh witch is in Galations 5:19-21 Now let me tell you about the work of the spirit Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness,goodness, faith. Meekness, temperance: against such THERE IS NO LAW And they that are in Christ's have CRUCIFIED THE FLESH with the AFFECTIONS and LUST. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sowth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting. Go ahead and sow to the flesh. But for me I will sow to the spirit.

#60 charles_creech78, Jul 26, 2007