1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Can a man sin a sin unto death after being born again#2

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

First you have posted a verse out of the context of discussion. Proof texting is a very damaging and unsound method of theological concluding. But neverminding that your statement is astounding.

You state "if a believer does die this way, with an unrepentant sin, Hell will be his home"

A believer is made eternally secure not by whether they have repented of all sin at all times or any other human effort but by Christ and it is the integrity of Christ that keeps a person saved. Apparently you are able to rationalize that a person can be a believer and also go to hell...which makes the salvation they have in Christ worthless. Obviously it is fruitless to discuss the issue further with you seeing that you are embrace such theological/biblical and intellectual contradictions.

I will keep my comments on the matter pointed toward others and refrain from any further direct responses to you on THIS issue.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, but I am trying to teach you that a Christian can't die that way for you see I believe in OSAS also, The difference between you and me is you want to skip the rest of the Bible and I am trying to tell you that Christians do not commit such sins.

I don't blame you for not wanting to discuss it with me for you don't have the scripture to stand on. I would try a person who is "unsaved" myself, but this person, seems to know better than you do. "out of the mouth of babes".
    When you try to teach that a person can die in the act of adultery and go to Glory, the drunks down town will rebuke you.

#102 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  3. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

On another note, to those not interested in spitting upon the integrity of Christ and his capacity to keep believers saved regardless of their failures or successes....isn't it grand that even our Lord, in spite of the unsound doctrines of demons held even by self-righteous believers who teach that they determine through their behavior whether they enter eternity or not, that God keeps even those wicked teachers saved? How great the grace and mercy of salvation!

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

On another note, those who teach to live as close as you can to God and not sin, will do you no harm. On the otherhand those who teach you that you can commit adultery and die that way and go to glory will be the blind leading the blind and both fall in the ditch. How true is His judgements.

Jhn 8:11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

If a man tells you the truth, it will condemn you if you are guilty.

#104 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

#105 Mr.M, Jul 27, 2007
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Ti 5:22Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure. Sorry you don't know a "rebuke" when you see it, and call it "imitation".

1Ti 5:24Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some [men] they follow after.

You better pray your sins go before you for if they don't they will surely find you out.

#106 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Well it appears after casting the pearls of God's truth the swine are still....well the swine so for now I leave those loving the doctrines of demons and move to another thread. May God be praised His salvation keeps even those believers teaching doctrines of demons saved! Hopefully they aren't near lightening right now. heh:laugh:

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Grace is very offensive to human thinking. You can see that here and throughout the kingdom salvation/millenial exclusion threads. People are driven to add works to grace.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It helps to pray for one's self. Have a nice day. I will pray for you also.

#109 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
  10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

With all due respect to all who have posted on this thread, I would like to ask a question.

It appears to me that the only sin ever listed in the Bible that cannot be forgiven is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. To me, this is the sin of total rejection of God and His grace, specifically the Holy Spirit because He draws us to God. If we reject Him and His drawing then we have sealed our fate.

Isn't it reasonable to think that the sin unto death is the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit? And that the death that is spoken of is eternal and not a physical punishment of God taking the life of the sinner?

Some say the God "takes the sinner out of this world" so he will not bring dishonor to God. But if that were the case, there should be a lot of people dropping dead all around us because they have brought dishonor to God through their sin.

Certainly in NT days of the early church, people witnessed miracles and manifestations of the Holy Spirit that we in this day and age can only imagine. And yet with all that they saw and heard, there were still some that would not come to believe and receive salvation. They may have come very close, but then turned away. I believe this type of thing is spoken of in Hebrews.

Possible?

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

very possible.

12. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

The sin that leads to death is not referring to the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That sin cannot be committed anymore anyway. That could only be committed when Christ was physically present during his earthly ministry.

As for God dropping a lot of people if the sin that leads to death were based on dishonoring God, it is not. It is the last cycle of discipline in the life of a believer and not simply dishonoring God. As well, no human has the capacity to determine who and when that would happen to, that would be God's decision based on his divine capacity to make such decisions.

I understand your question, but no, it would not be the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I ask one and all, if this were true then wouldn't a person be dying without repenting of their sin unto death?

No where is God's Holy word, does it say an adultereous who has not repented of their sin, can be saved.

Yet Mr M says different and so does DHK:
    To say you can not commit blasphemy against the Holy Ghost today, is made up doctrine!

#113 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
  14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Why can't that sin be committed anymore? Certainly a born again believer can't commit it, but don't the unsaved reject God even to the point that God turns them over to a rebrobate mind? Isn't the Holy Spirit the one who draws us to God? Without Him you cannot go to God.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First, the "sin unto death" is directed to Christians, not unbelievers. It is God's final discipline on a believer.
    Second, the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was against unbelievers, a sin which a believer in Christ cannot commit.
    Third, I do not believe it is possible for anyone to commit this sin (blasphemy against the Holy Spirit) today. I believe you need to take the passage in its historical context. Jesus was there in the flesh. The Jews were watching him do miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit. The accused him of doing these great miracles by the power of demons or the devil (Beelzebub). This was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It was directed against them for Christ was right there in the flesh working miracles before their very eyes. He is deity. And they accused deity of working his miracles by Satan. That was the blasphemy that Christ spoke of. That situation can never again happen in history. Christ is not on the earth in the flesh.

16. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

What DHK said.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It wasn't just the fact that they accused Christ of doing miracles by the power of the devil. A person could do that out of ignorance. But, the Jews weren't ignorant. They had knowledge of God that the heathen Gentiles did not. And that's why it was blasphemy. It was not just an accusation. It came from their wicked hearts and in spite of their knowledge of God they denied Him to His face.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Mr.M and DHK; say that a saved person can die in the midst of Adultery, or die in the midst of any sin you can name, and go to Glory.
    BBob; I say, that no where in between the lids of God's Holy word, does it say an unrepentant adultereous can enter the Kingdom of God.

I really wonder how many on BB believe as Mr.M and DHK; that you can die in the act of adultery, or any sin you can name, and go to the Glory world, which is against all scripture, for the sin is a "unrepentant sin" if you die doing it. God says NO!!! Mr. M and DHK says YES!

#118 Brother Bob, Jul 27, 2007
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Frist there is no difference between adultery or hypocrisy (the sin unto death of Annanias and Sapphira).
    Let me ask you Bob: How many preachers (or expand it to Christians in general) do you know that are overweight? Generally speaking being overweignt comes from eating too much, commonly called gluttony. Over 50% of Americans suffer with a weight problem. They eat too much. The Bible calls it sin. In fact the Corinthians were judged as weak, sickly and some died because they ate too much (gluttony) and because they got drunk at the Lord's Table, or just before that time. Eating too much is a sin unto death. It is right there in 1Cor.11.
    Annanias lied unto the Holy Spirit? A lie is a lie. He paid the price didn't he?

But what does the Bible say?
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus." My sin, past, present and future has been nailed to the cross. I am no longer under the condemation of sin.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Romans 3:24-25 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is all of God. It is by his grace. I am justified freely by his grace. He will keep me, keep the salvation that he has given to me until the day of Christ. It is his work. For you to say that I will lose that salvation by an unconfessed or unrepented sin (whatever that sin may be) makes salvation into a wicked religion of works, and implies that the blood of Christ was not sufficient enough to pay the full payment that God required to make an atonement for our sins. You are saying that more is required after the atonement of Christ. That is heresy.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So, just what is the sin unto death? Why is it deserving of death? What purpose does God taking the life of a believer serve? How is it punishment for a believer? He goes to heaven, right? Why is that punishment?

We all sin, but God hasn't called us all home because of it. The sin unto death must be something really, really bad. So what is it?