1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

re-commitment service

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by g'day mate, Nov 24, 2002.

1. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Are there many pastors who have been asked by a married coples' to perform a recommitment service of their marriage vows? Some 14 years ago it was our 25th wedding aniv.My son took part,just about everything else was the same,could not get the rev.Hadden,he had past on,so we had to get someone else.Fantastic service,lots of fun.
    I remember this friend who said life was like a toilet roll,and when I asked why,he said when you get near the end it finishes quick. [​IMG]
    John

2. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Am I to understand that no pastor has ever been asked to perform a recommitment service.You have got to be joking.Cannot believe it.
    John

3. Pastork

Pastork New Member

Why is this so hard to believe?

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do them regularly. They are a joy to see loving couples at 25 or 50 years (and a few that I married privately and then a year or two later want a "big church wedding") and we reenact their vows.

Also do it on cruise ships (I take a 10-14 day cruise with my bride of 32+ years every March). Will be contacting Princess for this upcoming March cruise to Venezuela to see about weddings and renewal of vow ceremonies.

And I love dressing up in a tux for them! :rolleyes:

5. Pastork

Pastork New Member

You sure are a busy guy, Dr. Bob!

6. g'day mate

g'day mate New Member

Don't know how you do it.
    John