1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Dead patient left in bed for 6 hours

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Mishelly, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/BUSINESS/606220340

This is a letter I sent in response to a newspaper article I read, what are your thoughts?

Hello

I just wanted to send a thought, I apologize as I know you must be a very busy person.

I myself have stayed at Holmes in the past. The problem, as I see it, is that most hospitals and care centers are so understaffed that the employees get tired and the "I'll get to it when I get to it" feeling.

My father recently passed away at Wuestoff of Melbourne. Most hospitals have the same problem. While he was on the floor he was lucky if they cleaned him let alone come when he needed help. Only after he went to ICU did he receive the care that all individuals deserve. The ladies and gentlemen of the ICU did redeem the hospital in my eyes, to some extent. They were wonderful, they were understanding caring and compassionate. I wish I could remember their names to give kudos but unfortunately that time was hectic.

When did patients become a bother to the employees who are there to take care of them. It is there job, is it not.

I could rant about my thoughts on this matter and give many examples but I do understand that you are busy and have probably heard many of the horror stories. What concerns me the most is what happens to the patience w/out family and no one there to take care of them.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a good day.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

That is sad. :( Prayers for all involed~ :flower:

3. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Very sad. I bet this occurs more often than we hear about it. Everyone needs someone to be there when you're in the hospital. It's not possible...I know....but it sure helps! This is a very sad situation.