1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reaching Out to the 10/40 Window!!

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by RLL, Aug 7, 2004.

1. RLL

RLL New Member

My wife Marilyn and I are excited about a ministry the Lord has graciouly allowed us to be involved in with "India Evangelical MIssion(www.indiaevangelical.org)reaching out to the great Nation of India. I am involed as the mission's rep. in the USA. 80,000 souls a day die in India alone with out ever hearing the name of Jesus once! I would certainly covet your prayers as I follow my Lord's leading,and would also love any imput from people who have been on Mission,or just love following the Savour! I have asked the Lord to always make me teachable,and to always have a servant's heart. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Because Of God's Amazing Grace,
    Ron

2. g220

g220 New Member

Ron, thank you for sharing this. Do you have a personnal connection to India in any way? I have worked with several Indian and Pakistani men professionally but have not developed any connection personally as I have with coworkers from Europe. I suppose the cultural differences have much to do with this.

My prayers are for you and your wife to experience God at work and for you to be blessed for joining Him in His work. May you see lives changed!

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good for you Ron, India seems like such a large country and so overwhelming at times, yet there are some great organisations there doing some awesome work. The Leprosy Mission is another good one that I have a little to do with at times.

Speaking of the 10/40 window, I have heard that Cambodia is smack in the middle of it and .03% Christian. I think that whole area needs Jesus more than most Christians realise.

4. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Let us not forget two other major countries China with a poulation of 1.3 Billion people and Indonesia with over 200 million. Both countries have little or no Gospel witness. Indonseia itself has but 9 missionaries. In fact over 2/3 of the world's population live in the 10/40 window but there is only 15% of missions work going on there. I myself feel called to work on the China-Russia border with a team of men to take Chinese nationals train them and send them back in while also reaching Russia. What will you do?

5. rufus

rufus New Member

The BMA of America is focusing on the 10/40 window, too.

6. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    pray for us as we reach China nationals working and studying right here.

[​IMG]