1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching people for Christ- The Way of the Master with Ray Comfort

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Havens dad...

What???

false prophet???

((ANTI-CHRIST???))

Please, tell me you are kidding.

I am not a huge fan of Rick Warren, but.....ANTI-Christ???

C,mon, brother.. He is preaching the gosple.

#61 Alive in Christ, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Then why do you keep repeating yourself?

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

He is most certainly NOT preaching the gospel. He preaches a "Christianized" version of self-help, that ignores sin, ignores repentance, and says nothing about the atoning work of Christ for undeserving sinners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1E8k_XUvhY

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Havensdad...

I watched your linked vidio. I pretty much knew what was coming when I saw it was John McArther.

I came to undersand McArthur's legalistic ways years ago. I see that he is still a legalist.

God have mercy.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Other than Mars Hill, where do we see him in Scripture standing on street corners preaching? Verses please?

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've heard Rick Warren and he most certainly ignore sin or repentance and he is a pastor who has many to the Lord. To say otherwise is disgusting and denying the truth. I don't agree with some things he's done but to slander a man of God is dangerous IMO and speaks volumes about the heart.

7. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biblical evangelism is law to the proud and grace to the humble. People should be involved in evangelism no matter the context, but not everyone has the same method. For some it will be open air. For others it will be tract evangelism ONLY. For others it will be talking with strangers in a park. For others it will be preaching in a nursing home or jail, and so on.

So yes if I stated that evangelism is only on the streets then I was incorrect. Yes WOTM advocates often preach this, as they do so often on their Podcast, however they are mistaken. For example I heard Kirk on a recent podcast condemn friendship evangelism because the Mormons are so much better at it. However God can use a friendship, and the Law to the Proud and Grace to the humble approach.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I AGREE that it is the best and preferred method. However God can use friendships tracts, and one on one conversations as well.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I wont go that far. However street evangelism is something that many Christians must get involved in, however MOST do not. I cant condemn pastors that do not open air in the streets as then I would be condemning my favorite preachers and the following.

John MacArthur
    Erwin Lutzer
    David Jeremiah

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thank you. However he is not alone as I have been trying to persuade those in my singles group to do street evangelism, but my efforts have failed.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I was wrong. However Christians SHOULD get involved in street evangelism if possible. I say if possible because some live in rural areas away from cities and so for them friendship evangelism that would emphasize the Law to the proud and grace to the humble approach are the best.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick Warren teaches a self-help gospel message. What he teaches have encouraged their "Christian Career" experts to teach self-help in their books. I cant say Warren is teaching another gospel, but I can say he is not healthy to listen too.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he no question is misleading people, and has encouraged Christian career experts to right books with lots of self-help in them, and a book all about my fulfillment, rather than me being a "slave of Christ." I cant say Warren is a anti-christ, but I can say he has advocated lots of self-help which is not Bible but humanism.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Warren has got some unhealthy components, but I cant call him a heretic. I can just say he is in ignorance in certain areas.

http://www.saddleback.com/resources/spiritualhealth/

He has a mix of Psycho-babble books by likes such as Henry Cloud, mixed in with good authors like Ravi Zaharias and Keller.

15. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Other than the synangogues, where ELSE do we see him preaching?

How about...

Act 14:7 and there they continued to preach the gospel.
    Act 14:8 Now at Lystra there was a man sitting who could not use his feet. He was crippled from birth and had never walked.
    Act 14:9 He listened to Paul speaking. And Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well,
    Act 14:10 said in a loud voice, "Stand upright on your feet." And he sprang up and began walking.
    Act 14:11 And when the crowds saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in Lycaonian, "The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!"

(note that this is in public...not in a synagogue...these were gentiles...)

IN FACT: other than Paul, if we look at all the disciples in the book of Acts, and do a search on the word for "preach", you will see that preaching was done in the synagogue (a place which was hostile to the gospel), from house to house/door to door, and in the public square. The one place you NEVER see preaching done, in the book of Acts, is in a big building made specifically for Christians...

16. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Fine. You show me a video of Rick Warren, preaching on sin, repentance, and judgment, where Rick Warren is commanding sinners to flee the wrath that is to come. {PREACHING IT...not in a video where Mr. Chameleon is pressed on the issue and reluctantly consents to the truth of it}. I will gladly retract my statement.

His videos and teachings are ALL over the internet. This should be NO PROBLEM.

#76 Havensdad, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  17. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Not so fast...

http://redeemedography.com/2011/05/28/john-macarthur-on-open-air-preaching/

“I remember when I started preaching, the first place I ever preached in my life was at a bus stop in South Carolina...." - John Macarthur

Erwin Lutzer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShK9KNceacA

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Garbage. Show me one of the 5 purposes that is in error...better yet, show me how they fit into a "self help" formula. Won't be holding my breathe.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you in grade school? Have you taken Havensdad's computer? Daddy needs it back.

20. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What on earth are you talking about? You keep responding with useless comments that add nothing to the discussion. So again, why do you keep repeating yourself?