1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching people for Christ- The Way of the Master with Ray Comfort

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 11, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your manner of responding is juvenile...I just assumed a juvenile must have been posting.

"nuh-uh you are" is hardly an argument. Please stop and actually address when you are called out for frivolous pejoratives slandering a fellow believer. You are a minority even in your own camp. I know the Lordshippers hate anything but their front loaded works based message, but you are way out of line..

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As usual you do not know what works is.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why does anyone have to prove you wrong? You sound like Reid slandering Romney. You made the charge he doesn't preach on sin and repentance, YOU back up your claim. It is not on us to prove anything...you made the charge. Put your money where your keyboard is if they are all over the internet as you claim...better yet, contact Saddleback with your charge and ask for some sermons. I'm sure they will oblige. And don't come back with some blog castigating RW based on a snippet taken out of context either.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, I don't think the LS'ers know what works is (nor you based on your reply) since they blur them with grace.

I know any "exchange" (a John Mac biggie term) is meritorious.

#84 webdog, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What you are asking is impossible. I cannot post every sermon that Rick Warren has ever preached here on BB, to prove that he does not preach repentance, sin, judgment, and wrath. That is just stupid.

I have already posted a quote of Warren calling something a saving message, which was absent these things. So now your challenge is either to #1 Show me where I am wrong by posting a message by Warren that includes these things, or #2 Let the facts that I have already posted stand. I have given proof. I challenge you to do the same.

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Your the one that is saying "nuh-uh." I am actually posting new information each time I post. You are just engaging in silly baseless and meritless name-calling.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The proof is in the thread. Done with this...and I will not be offering whole sermons to refute your one or two phrases taken out of context to affirm Rick Warren is antichrist. You will answer to God for that, not me.

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

There is no proof in the thread of anything. You don't need to offer "whole sermons" just a small clip. This should be easy to find. But I understand why you don't try... ;)

I will indeed answer to God. As will you, for not only what you teach to others, but for refusing to expose men such as Warren who are destroying the bride of Christ.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I applaud you for your just and balanced approach. :)

10. quantumfaith

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

12. quantumfaith

13. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Yep. Your boasting isn't good. The context is church members supporting sinful activity. We are commanded to rebuke false, ear-tickling preachers, not make excuses for them.

14. quantumfaith

Now you are just confused, I have not been the one displaying a boastful posture.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"I know you are, but what am I?" :laugh:

16. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

"Boasting" here is bragging about be accepting, instead of condemning someone and excommunicating them.

17. quantumfaith

18. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Any preaching, on the street or not, that is not accompanied by the power of God on high in the life of the deliverer of the message is utter foolishness.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Then you are of Apollos or of Paul, not of Christ. (I Cor. 1:10-17)

Jesus never specified a manner of evangelism. WOTM is one of many. A good one but not the ONLY one.

20. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Excellent. I give you Bible, you give me contemporary Christian song lyrics. Good grief. :tonofbricks:

For the record, Paul says to judge the people IN the church (those who claim to be part of the body of Christ). If you are not doing that, you are disobeying a direct order of scripture.