1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reaching Women and Children With Woman Pastors

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Aug 10, 2010.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought that perhaps because you do not know your Bible very well that maybe you might be open to learning something about true discipleship by reading two authors who are making disciples. One has written some books from a historical scholarly point of view and the other from a practical point of view. Both authors point to scripture in light of its historical context.

A simple word study using a concordance would reveal something much different than what you seem to think. If you were to know the difference between evangelism, preaching, making disciples and teaching you might find something much different. If you were to take a look at the word for disciple that Jesus uses you would find that it is only used in the Gospels and Acts in the Bible.

So when Jesus sent his disciples out two by two that was preaching?

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I love when people hurl insults like "you don't know the bible." It reveals a lot. I never said anything like that to you, now did I? What an arrogant and mean thing to say.

Now, what would you call what the disciples did when Jesus sent them out? You don't think they preached? I do. What else would they have done? I believe you have too narrow a view of preaching. Preaching is not only done in a pulpit on Sunday morning in a church building.

Jesus commanded His disciples to make disciples. How? By teaching them whatsoever He had commanded. He told them to preach the word. That's exactly how it was done. I don't care what some man says, that's what the word of God says. They preached the word to make disciples. That's God's method of doing it. All you've done so far is produce the writings of men. Those writings are inferior to the word of God. The bible says do it this way, by preaching. I don't need some class or scheme of man, I need the word of God and the blessing of the Spirit to make disciples.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I asked about what Jesus did when he sent them out two by two, not what His disciples did. Jesus sent them out. Is that preaching? Of course not. He is teaching them one part of all that He commanded them.

Your view of what Jesus taught them is extremely limited. What Jesus taught is much more vast than anything you suggest. The Beatitudes alone do not address preaching. They address the inner person.

Why should anyone believe your preaching?

No, they preached the word. Sometimes they preached the gospel to the lost and sometimes they preached the word to the saved.

It is obvious that your learning is so far above everyone that no man can tell you anything. So why try? so I will let you answer my questions. When Jesus sent His disciples out two by two was that was preaching and not teaching?

In Mt. 28:19,20 Jesus commanded "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Is baptizing preaching?

Is teaching preaching?

When Jesus taught his disciples to pray was that preaching? It seems to me that one of the first words was that he taught His disciples.

When I use a concordance and do a search on teaching and preaching I find there is a huge difference between teaching and preaching. But you do not?

Jesus never went to school?

In the list of qualifications for a pastor where does the Bible list preaching as one of the qualifications?

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Able to teach (1 Tim 3:2)

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Able to teach is different than able to preach. A concordance search will reveal that the words preach and teach are used in two different ways.

6. RAdam

RAdam New Member

The requirement of able to teach is a requirement for preachers. All preachers are supposed to be able to teach.

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

We will differ on much, but on this I agree 100 per cent.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not remember that being a qualification of preachers but of pastors and teachers. Women may be preachers and teachers but not pastors.