1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reaction to Best and Worst of GOP Debate in SC

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Jan 11, 2008.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Watch it here

It is also interesting that most of the comments of the Ron Paul supporters are just way off and totally offensive. They are against war but fast to demonstrate of their hateful and violent reaction. If they are truly anti-war then they must at least start with in themselves.

#1 faithcontender, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are anti-war good hearted folks and there are anti-war evil hearted folks!

I doubt Ron Paul condones their hate filled rhetoric and I would hope Ron would publicly say so.

You are right to say that these who do spew out hate can hardly been seen as anti-war. They just want a cause to release their own war onto.

God Bless! :thumbs:

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I posted the gates of hell video already. ;)

Ron Paul and his supporters need to understand sometimes we do need to go to war.
    The troops weren't drafted they can only blame themselves for signing up.

If they did threaten the ships then they should have fired a warning shot, if that didn't deter them then they should have shot the boats.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have been having second thoughts about Ron Paul as of late. The idea of running this country strictly by the Constitution is still my ideal, but I am not sure it is his to the degree I thought. Its not quite time to put him in the trash heap with Romney and Giuliani, but McCain, Thompson, and Huckabee are the only hopes we have of a moderate conservative, and sadly, none appears to be a great leader.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree, but I don't believe any candidate ever appears to be a "great" leader of such a high position with all of it's variables that are thrown at it.

Great leader " of the USA" cannot be known until tested and tried. We can only pray for God to give us a leader of biblical principles. If He doesn't, then praise God anyways because He has another purpose in mind that we cannot know.

God Bless! :thumbs:

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree that sometimes is the case. Truman is a good example. However, there have been individuals in history that showed good leadership skills before being elected, the most recent being Reagan. Since him, there have been no good leaders. The Roosevelts may be the same catagory as showing leadership before election.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed! his decision to drop "the bomb" was one that took guts, and even today the liberals are whining about it.

Reagan was another, IMHO, for his handling of the Air Traffic Controller strike and telling (most emphatically, I might add) Quadaffi (sp.) when he (Q) passed the boundry of antagonizing the US.

I hope the next Pres. has the guts to tell the libs & MSM to "can it", and do what's best for this country regardless of the PC ramifications; I ain't holding my breath though!

Really have no foot stompin' faith in Ds or Rs; both too liberal for my tastes.

8. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Your comments about Reagan are heartfelt, but we often forget the facts regarding them as time goes by. Ronald Reagan raised taxes as govenor of CA. I mentioned this on another post just today, but I want to share it again... he went from 4.6 billion to 10.2 billion dollar budget from the time he entered to the time he left as governor. I have no heartburn with that fact because governing is more difficult then legislating. He also helped to lower property taxes during that time which helped to affect a positive gain for most people. When Huckabee is attacked for raising taxes as governor and accused of not being a Reagan conservative... I just shake my head and think.. don't these people know the facts? Reagan also signed the 'Therapeutic Abortion Act' which resulted in the deaths of an estimated 2 million babies. He did later admit that had he been a more experienced governor, he would not have signed that act. I loved Reagan, but he did seem to get stronger as he was in the office of the President. Just my opinion.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for the facts brother!

Do these talking heads on tv know these facts when they beg for a candidate like Reagan? Looks like Huckabee fits Reagan's record pretty close as a governer, and as far as a social conservative even better than Reagan.

God Bless!:thumbs: