1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reading a blog - VERY interesting pastoral dilemma - Transgender

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by annsni, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No. They must do the same. Repent from the sin and trust Christ. The question is What does repentance look like? Can a thief be saved while intending to continue stealing? Obviously not. That doesn't mean he will be perfect, but it means there will be a heart change. But even that's different. When "Joan" had surgery, she didn't stop being a man. She was still a man.

Because all have equal standing in Christ. That's not relevant to this discussion however.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't heard anyone say that John is not saved unless he stops pretending to be a woman.

What I hear people saying is that John isn't walking in a manner consistent with his profession of faith if he continues the lie of pretending to be a woman.

That would be the same for a liar or a thief. They are not walking in a manner consistent with a profession of faith if they continue to lie and steal.

Would you counsel a liar or a thief to continue in that sin once they made a profession of faith? Of course not. Then why would you counsel a man to continue the sin of pretending to be a woman after they make a profession of faith?
    We know for certain he was not saying men and women are no longer physically men and women.

He is saying all people are equal before God when it comes to salvation.

That is true for John, as well.

peace to you:praying:

3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not trying to gang up on you,abcgrad94. Pastor Larry beat me to the post.:thumbs:

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's ok, cnadyjd, I can take it.:laugh:

Ethical questions like the one posed sure make me glad I'm not a pastor, although this particular scenario has stimulated my thinking. I do think that when an individual, like John/Joan gets saved, the Lord will guide them to make the right decisions.

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are in full agreement! :thumbsup: None of these issues are easy, but with Holy Spirit leading the way, we all find ourselves moving in the right direction.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are comparing apples and refrigerators. He is not now a woman and never has been. His body while surgically altered in some areas will still produce naturally make hormones if he stops his treatments. You cannot change sexes you can only pretend to.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they know it to be sin then they are practicing sin.

It is clear evidence of it. Just as failing to stop smoking is an outward evidence if no repentance. Action must always follow.

It is not "we" who can make anyone stop anything. It is by the standard of truth we know to stop this sin.

apples and refrigerators.

We need to be consistent action must always follow repentance or there is repentance. You cannot have one without the other. We can never intentionally live in sin as Christians. The Holy Ghost will never allow it. At some point we must walk away or it is clear there was never repentance.

#28 Revmitchell, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009