1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ready for baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Dr. Timo, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

I'm ready for spring training and baseball again. I'm a huge Indians fan and take my dad each year!!! How about you?:tongue3:

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am very ready for baseball to begin, but as a lifelong Tigers fan you and I are mortal enemies! :smilewinkgrin:

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm ready for my Reds, and also ready for the Baptist Board Fantasy Baseball League...2009 edition. Get ready...the league should be up and running in a matter of days.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to follow baseball closely. However some years ago I got so tired of the greed and bickering and strikes that I gave it up ... and really have not missed it as it gives me more time for other things. And with all the misuse of steroids it is even less attractive.

5. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bet we're ready for baseball! Bring on the challenge!

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB - will you pinch me! For once, I agree with you:saint: :smilewinkgrin: . I am a Syracuse Chiefs fan (AAA) so I will somewhat root for our major league affiliate, the Washington Nationals.
    Just a bit of Trivia, as most know, the Nats relocated from Montreal. The current Chiefs relocated from Montreal for the 1961 season

#6 Salty, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  7. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

My wife is with you Debby. She is just in hog heaven when this time of the year rolls around. HA, HA!!!:laugh:

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think the Reds are going to be better than most think, even if they still have Dusty Baker as their manager. They could actually have pretty decent starting pitching and as far as the offense, well, they don't call it the Great American Launching Pad for no reason. As far as fantasy goes, well, I'm not giving away who I like in fantasy this year, but some of the guys I like play in Cincinnati.

The 2008 Baptistboard Fantasy Baseball League Champion is ready to repeat in 2009. Anybody want a shot at the title? :wavey:

9. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

Won

We won today!!! Go........................... TRIBE..............................:laugh:

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time for Baseball Noir. The Yankees will fold like a six dollar lawn chair and the Mets will come apart like a Robert Hall suit. I think I'll go to Syracuse and watch the Chiefs with Salty.

11. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

guess

Gee if I didn't see your location I would guess you are from somewhere around NY city. NY CITY!!! OH NO!!! I hope they have fun ruining CC and the others they bought. Maybe A Rod can give him a shot of steroids once he's pitched to death over there.:tongue3: :laugh: :1_grouphug:

12. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, Doc, I've shot animals just 'cause they walked by.... New Yawk City? Why them's fightin' words! Only two things come out of NYC.... and I can't tell you what they are here on BB.

I grew up about 15 minutes north of Cooperstown. I've made it a whole 25 miles further north which, btw, is AWAY from NYC. I'm so disgusted with professional baseball.

We used to have the Utica BlueSox (Toronto Blue Jays affiliate) until Cal Ripkin bought the team and moved it to Aberdeen, MD. The Mets had a Single A team in Little Falls (about 8 miles away) A college level WOOD bat league to come to the area in 2006. more info There is still passion at these levels.

13. Dr. Timo

Dr. Timo New Member

disgusted

I really can't blame you for feeling that way. Unless they get a handle on the steroid thing and do something with the salary cap there will be more who feel the same. I think a good start would be to get a decent commissioner with some back bone.:wavey: :godisgood:

14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG]
    Yea, I'm ready GO RAYS!!!!

15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is one of my most favorite times of the year. I just wish baseball lasted past June. It does but it becomes scarce after June.

16. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Love baseball -- for me, it's already here.

The UM Hurricanes are 6-1, after sweeping the Florida Gators last weekend. With 5 teams in the top 20, the ACC looks pretty strong this year.

Miami Westminster Christian (high school) is undefeated so far this year!