1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reagan's Autobiography: An American Life

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by InTheLight, Dec 5, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been reading his tome. It's 748 pages long; I'm about halfway through. He had an interesting life.

One thing that struck me was the brevity of his description of his marriage to actress Jane Wyman. Here is the entire reference to his ex-wife:

The same year I made the Knute Rockne movie, I married Jane Wyman, another contract player at Warners. Our marriage produced two wonderful children, Maureen and Michael, but it didn’t work out, and in 1948 we were divorced.

Two sentences! TWO! Notice he said they were divorced in 1948. According to other reports they filed in 1948 and the divorce was finalized in 1949. So if they were married the year the Knute Rockne movie was made, which was 1940, they were married for almost nine year. Nine years of marriage = two sentences in your autobiography!