1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Real Christians NEED Jesus

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by valueoftruth, Dec 6, 2005.

1. valueoftruth

valueoftruth New Member

Real Christians NEED Jesus. Do you just want Jesus, or do you need him?

---Brian

[ December 12, 2005, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: SaggyWoman ]

2. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

Thankyou for sharing that link! It often breaks my heart to see people believing in a lie (catholicism, mormonism,etc.) It also sickens me to see how ready people are to go to those religions and completely scoff the TRUE truth... that Jesus died for them and that all they have to do is ask Him into their heart. They think that salvation has to have all kinds of rituals and sayings when all God wants is a humble spirit and just to believe that He saved them ; that they cannot save themselves by their works. Again... thanks!

3. nate

nate New Member

It makes more since to our human way of thinking to get saved than to just believe on Christ. We want to make it harder because in todays world nothing is truely free. (Except Salvation)

4. valueoftruth

valueoftruth New Member

I totally agree. It frustrates me when I try and witness to somebody, and they are so blind, that they cannot even see the slightest bit of truth. It's like riding a merry-go-round when speaking to somebody about Christ, you can never reach the end. But now, I've come to realize that only the Father can draw a person to Christ, not my words of wisdom. And that, I truly believe, is total grace. It makes me realize how undeserving I am of Jesus because I know I am not any better than anyone.

Take care.
    ---Brian

5. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

I too am learning to let go and let God do His part. You plant the seed and let God take care of the rest. All I can do is pray and witness whenever the door of opportunity is open. I agree with the merry-go-round example... it seems like its never going to stop. :( I just hope they come to know Jesus as their personal saviour before Jesus comes back. Its hard just sitting back and watch someone drift farther away [​IMG]

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Thank you for sharing your website, but you seem to have it posted at several places you have posted at. If you want to link it to your profile, if you haven't already, that shall be sufficient.