1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reality Check, Isle 5...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

I just need to see what y'alls thoughts are on this.

For the past 3 weeks my granddad has been in the hospital. He fell and broke his hip, had surgery and was in ICU for a week. They (docs) were hoping he'd be off the breathing thing faster I think. Anywhoo he's off now and as of just this past Sunday got moved to a regular room, but he was doing very poorly. My dad and stepmom aren't saved so they were bracing for the worst and had begun to plan funeral arrangements etc.

I cried over him a little and I guess here is my question. Is it possible that I have grown so much in the Lord that the possibility of his dying wasn't phasing(sp?) me or just that I was in denial of his state of health or both?

Since Sunday he has improved immensly. Sunday we went and my dad told us that he could hear us, but couldn't respond due to his feeding tube. He said if there was anything we needed to tell him that was the time to do so. So I just sang to him his favorite hymn and read from Luke the Christmas story since he will be in the hospital on Christmas day.

I should point out that he's doing much better now and they'll be *hopefully* taking out his tube soon. I told my brother last night that no matter what happens it would have been a win-win situation and he agreed. If he passed he would be with the Lord, but if not he would get to be with us a little longer. Is is okay for me to have been this at peace over the whole thing? The whole time all I have prayed has been God's will and not let him live or let him go, but God's will and that seems to help.

Thanks for your comments/advice/etc.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yes it's ok, peace is from God. My grandmother was very ill, had heart surgery and was in the hospital for 5 months, she was on the resporator the whole time, they could not get her off it. She was 100 miles away, My hhusband drove me twice a week and I went with my brother and mother at least once a week, I was making more trips then anyone, it was very tiring. After a while I just prayed God would take her and end it all for her. Finally my mom left a do not resestate order for her when her heart stopped beating and they did the shock thing to revive her, we felt it was the only lovng thing left we could do for her. When she died I was releived, I knew she hated that machine, she was so ill, she didn't like any of it. At her funeral we were glad it was over for her, the pastor came in and talked with us before we went in and then went in with us, he got us to talking about her and remembering her and before long we were laughing remembering her life and what she was like. I knew it was safe becsause she was in heaven, there was nothing left here for her that she wanted more then heaven.
    Yes, peace is perfectly fine so fine you know the very presence of peace is an experience of God in your life. Peace means you trust God and whatever His plan for your grandfather is, and if that plan is his death then you still trust God.

3. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I understand what you mean. I know that my Grandmother is getting older and will probably die sooner than I would like. However, I know that she will be so happy to be with Jesus that it just doesn't really bother me anymore. I will cry because I will miss her but at the same time, I will see her again in heaven and that excites me. I might just be the one at the funeral smiling cause I know she is exactly where she wants to be. It always makes me think of that Mercy Me song "I Can Only Imagine"