1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReBaptism and Private Prayer Language

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jimmy C, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I'm asking you. I mean, you march into a conversation asserting that no one can be most sure of anything, then you attempt to prove the point you're trying to make about the SBC.

Here's some things I'm most sure of:

</font>
    • I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
      the Creator of heaven and earth,
      and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:</font>
    • Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
      born of the Virgin Mary,
      suffered under Pontius Pilate,
      was crucified, died, and was buried.</font>
    • The third day He arose again from the dead.</font>
    • I am most sure that we are saved by Grace through faith, and that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.</font>
    Now, does this make me arrogant? No? Why? Because you agree with it? NO. Because they're true.

It should be plain by now that the charge of arrogance is a false charge leveled by those who appear to be losing an argument. To be right is not arrogance. Christ said, "Ye shall know the truth..."

But if what I've said about recent trends in the SBC is wrong, let SBC and Pulpit point it out if it's so easy to do, and quit wearying us with their songs of their own moral superiorities.

Here's one fact, they both believe they're right as much as I believe I'm right. But I'M the arrogant one? Please. It's time that those who fancied themselves as shepherds of God's flock had some answers. But it appears by the recent trend in SBC's posting he has more questions than anything.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

http://kerussocharis.blogspot.com/

Dr. Burleson is asking those that would like this issue brought up in the January IMB trustee committe to go onto his blog and make a one sentence comment. See the above link. Here is a copy of his post:

Stand Up and Be Counted

I have received over 500 emails from people around the country who have expressed a belief that the new policies of the IMB on "tongues" and "baptism" are a mistake, and, as soon as possible, the IMB should revert back to using their former policies in screening missionary candidates (see The Old IMB Policies Compared to the New IMB Policies.

Many asked in their emails, for good reason, that they not be identified publicly. However, I believe it is important that I be able to give some kind of verifiable indication of how many across our convention are opposed to the new policies.

For this reason I am asking that everyone who is a Southern Baptist, has read up on the new policies (on this blog or others on the internet), and wishes to be counted in opposition to the new policies, to please sign this post. If you do not have a blog, simply click "other" at the bottom of the comment section and you may sign your name or initials and publish your comment. I will screen all comments before posting.

I am simply ask two things:

(1). You keep your comment on this post to one sentence or less.
    (2). You sign your comment with name (or initials) and your place of Southern Baptist Church membership (city and state). You may list your church name if you wish, but that is not necessary.

I would like to see how many sign this post before our next IMB Trustee meeting on January 9th-11th in Richmond, Virginia.

It is time to stand up and be counted.

In His Grace,

Wade Burleson