1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recanting on dutch reformed training

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I have to recant. Several weeks ago I mentioned my having difficulty finding a church. For me & mine it must be Baptist, Teach DoG Sotorelogy & be close enough that my family & I can regularly attend all services.

Since I was studying Abraham Kuyper (A Dutch Reformed Theologian) I called around to get more information, 1st to two Reformed Baptist Church pastors who are within an hour or so from me....Im still waiting for a call back LOL.

I then started to call Dutch Reformed Churches & got to speak with a guy who is a Dutch Reformed pastor....so as a default I met with him, went to services on the agreement he would school me in theology (caveat---Im Baptist so Im not joining a Reformed Dutch Church)

After serious reconsideration, I'm not going to do it. 1st I was told that I was arrogant for making statement that, I am not joining any church thats not Baptist. And I mean it from the bottom of my heart! 2nd these Dutchies hold to an extreme Calvinism that denies God's common grace and the free offer of the gospel. From my prospective this is a form of hyper-Calvinism, and is fraught with many dangerous ramifications. 3rd, predestination effects every element of their lives down to telling them which socks to wear. Well, sorry folks but I am not a Hyper Calvie. :tongue3:

So good bye Dutch Reformed church & good riddance. :(

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Wait now, don't dismiss this so quickly. If one was color blind, they might need that guidance. :)

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...I suppose if one dresses in the dark it could be useful.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they would hold to election saving the sinner directly, that there is no need to witness, that God knows and will save his own regardless?

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Too bad, you might have been predestined to dress like this;

[​IMG]

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will save this for if & when I turn into a Fighting Fundamentalist. :laugh: