1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reccord Under Executive Level Control

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dh1948, Mar 24, 2006.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Change the name to give them a better image. If they would get their head out of the south and look around they would find that their nonsense is not working much anywhere else.

2. Satartia

Satartia New Member

The Home Mission Board was renamed NAMB at about the same time the foreign mission board was renamed the IMB

3. RandR

RandR New Member

It was at the exact same time. IMB was just a name change. NAMB was a complete recharter. NAMB absorbed the responsibilities of the Radio and Television Commission and the Brotherhood Commission and those commissions were dissolved.

To preachin's point, I would suuggest that in the case of the IMB, the employees operate under a fear of Board reprisal and not a fear of the Chief Executive.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They should be operating under fear of a collapse of the SBC because it is aiming that way.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think the SBC is going to collapse anytime soon...

The reprisals certainly are from a Board's actions for the agencies. Look at the debate (as detailed at ABPnews.com) over disclosure of materials to members of the IMB Trustee board from Dr. Rankin himself. These trustees, one of whom is a former IMB employee, are demanding information and materials that I'm not sure they should have access to.

I know someone, fairly well, who has been directly affected by all of this and I am getting really tired of it. I had a pastor friend (whose been in the SBC for at least 30 years) the other day tell me that the bureaucracy in the SBC is eating it alive.

Then many in the enschonched leadership of the SBC wonder why so many of us young pastors are heading away from active involvement in the convention life. Quite frankly much it looks too much like Washington DC and not enough like incarnational, Christ honoring ministry.

6. BroShane

BroShane New Member

Amen to that. It is sad, but I involve myself with as little as possible on any level. Our church has gotten along better, and run more smoothly, without all the mess.

Isn't that the way it's supposed to run anyway? Hmmm...

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is exactly the reason I left.

They shouldn't wonder when they are much like Mormonism trying to save face through the web of bureaucracy and pure nonsense. They spend so much time congratulating themslevess rather than winnning people to Christ. Sometime take a look and see how much real discipleship happens among the SBC leaders on a personal level.

8. J.R.Maddox

J.R.Maddox New Member

You have got to be kidding me...I am new on this board and from what I am reading I will not be here very long. Before I am accused of being a brain dead SBC Parrot and hack, let me say that I am not in agreement with a lot of what has been happening here of late with SOME of our leadership and I would disagree with several of the men who are leaders and prominant figures in the SBC of whom I hold in high esteem...The actions of the IMB trustees and the statements made towards those who hold to the doctrines of grace (that would not be me by the way) imo are un called for and hurtful.... however, what I have just read is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a long time. Mormonism? SBC Leaders to not take part in discipleship? They do not win people to Christ? COME ON!!!!!???? Maybe they spend a lot of their time posting their petty opinions on boards like this. Whatever our differences with SBC leadership may be, can we not stoop to mindless ad homonym attacks and juvenile assertions? Maybe you can learn from Bro. Wade Burleson who states his disagreement and opposition in a Christlike matter and in a way which honors our Lord and His Word

9. J.R.Maddox

J.R.Maddox New Member

Man...you have got it bad...with credible statements like this I take everything I said above back.