1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent Divorce,,,,

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by teany1973, Dec 11, 2016.

1. teany1973

teany1973 New Member

Hi,,

I am in recent divorce with husband,,, i am originally christian but when i marry him he was in to things like very new age,,,, tantric,,,, occult,,, things like this.

Now I am split up with him after years of marriage,,,, I want to know what is best way to get involve with church again,,,?

I am ready to start my own life and focus on me again,,,,, i treat myself to buy new used SUV this past month. I would like do something to it like place big sticker,,,, for church or jesus fish on it. Has anyone does this?

Thank you for the welcome,,

I try cut paste photo of suv her ebut not sure if it work
    http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/tanyy73/media/img_cam_2016092_zps5tbp8gwg.jpg.html

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Welcome to BB! I'm sorry about your divorce. Where do you live? Look for a good church in your area - if we know where you live we might be able to help you find one. But the way to start getting involved is to just find a church and go consistently. Get into reading the Word every day. When you begin to settle in your new church, seek out a woman who is mature in the faith to be a mentor for you to help you grow.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best way to get involved in a church is, first of all, to find a good church. We are all imperfect people who assemble together and worship a perfect God. Visit several churches and see where God leads you. Some churches will have groups designed for singles, divorced believers, etc, which can be good but be careful about picking a church that "fits you". We all need churches where we can be active participants but that will also hold us accountable.

Good luck.