1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent Failed Prophecies of Benny Hinn.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ben W, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Considering the amount of attention being given to Benny Hinn recently, I thought that you might be interested in this recent article which looks at the most recent prophecies of Benny Hinn that failed to come true.

What is really disgusting is a situation mentioned here, where a prophecy of the time is near is used, and people are encouraged to give money as there is not much time left. :mad: :rolleyes:

Any way here is the article,

http://letusreason.org/b.hinn11.htm

2. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

[tounge in cheek on] If there isn't much time left, then he won't need much, so I guess I'll hang on to my money. Encourage everyone else to do the same. [tounge in cheek off]

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

His prophecies continuelly fail, his scripture is twisted, why do people still follow him, what amazes me is that there are some real christiasn who are beleiveing him. But scripturelly, one failed prophecy and your automatically a false prophet. Those like Hinn draw in those who are weak in faith, and biblcal knowledge.

4. Steven O. Sawyer

Steven O. Sawyer New Member

My 2 cents as to why people follow Hinn and others like him:
    Hinn tells people what they want to hear and the mass of people have little or no true spiritual discernment. The god Hinn preaches is little more than the jinn of Aladin's lamp or a year 'round Santa Clause. That's what people want. They want a servant to heal their sickness, give them prosperity and happiness at their command and beckoning. They do not want a supreme Holy God. They do not want to die to self or "take up the cross." They are also encouraged to bypass their intellect and go directly to their mystical "faith channel".

Also, like the deception of Satan to Eve, Hinn's followers can become miniture gods (they don't even have to wait until they die like the Mormons do). Heck, what's NOT to like? The money you need to give? Hey, you'll get that back a hunderd... maybe even a THOUSANDFOLD... depending upon which incantation the wizzard, er, I mean "God's annointed" has prayed over the recieved checks used to finance his rather wealthy lifestyle.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

When out on a "Duck Blind" the hunter is steadly blowin' the call!! He has those "decoys" out there! He's blowin'! Ohhhhhhhhh, the hunter can make that call "talk!"

Qwak! Qwak! Qwwwwa! K! K!

Here comes a single! The hunter is thinkin'---this bird is dumber than I thought! Of course, the hunter also has a top notch retreaver!

Blackbird's prophecy--"Henn's audience is dumber than one thinks!"

Blackbird

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Stephen, I agree.

It would seem so.